Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009

Are you joking?

Look how long this thread is.
    Look how many people are gagging for this game.

You really think that your marketing expertise would have got MORE people waiting in line to buy this the moment it drops??

You're FIRED

2. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    The thread tags are hilarious.

3. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Woah, just noticed em'. Some of them are pretty wierd like 'sexypaul'. Wtf?

4. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    I'm not going to argue with that one ;-)

5. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    lmao!

6. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    The tags are getting quite ridiculous....pretty funny though. Still no word from Apple? They are slacking so hard...

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

The point of marketing is to further your reach to potential customers. You and many others on this thread seem to forget that TA and similar iPhone gaming sites are a very small percentage of Tag's potential customer base. In theory they could sell the game to any iphone or touch user out there and Apple stated they've sold 37M devices. Most of those users don't visit these sites and as such don't even know CJS exists. These users rely on the app store's featured/top lists to find new stuff, which isn't necessarily the best way to reach them.

NFS and CJS are very different games (genres, style, replayability etc.) that will cater to different audiences. There will be overlap of course, but i'd wager many of these people would buy both anyway. Also it seems every week there's some "big" game coming and other games still do good business, so I think it'll sell well regardless.

8. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    i'm going to buy both NFS and CJS. TIS GONNA BE GREAT:cool:(i hope)

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Yeah, and we can all gather around the fire, join hands, and go into the whole "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" song. ;)

Seriously, you say "with EA you never know", and I say, based on what I've learned about how EA does business, we do know:

$$$$ under the table.

Seriously.

That's how they operate, that's how they've always operated. And they cannot deny it, as it's on record.

Either money under the table from them, or money under the table to them.

Can't blame them though. It's a good con if you can get away with it.

I don't think NFS will drain many sales from CJS. Very different games, and they cater to different demands/interests. There might be some crossover...but those in the market for a racing game won't exactly be looking at CJS, and the reverse is also true.

Paul...you don't have much to worry about.

10. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hey Paul, been meaning to ask but kept forgetting, is the helicopter in the first build? Would be cool to fly around the city :cool:

11. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I'm praying that it gets approved this weekend. It's gotta come soon.

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, it cant be too long! >:l

13. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    probably next week. :p

14. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    its been submittd already right?

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yep! >:l

16. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    about how long ago? a week?

17. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

hmmmm, idk but not too long ago >:l

18. Tiny Omar

Tiny Omar Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Hey gang, I may be a noob here but I thought I'd shed a little light on the whole release day controversy... As a music industry professional I can tell you that albums are always released on a tuesday. The reason for this is that is the day that the charts start over for the week. Therefore albums are released on tuesdays to maximize the amount of time that a new album is out and to make sure that the record has a full seven days to report to billboard. It's called SoundScan. It's really just a way to manipulate chart numbers and it has nothing to do with the idea that you will actually sell more records by releasing on a tuesday. Clearly this is a practice that labels and artists have carried over to iTunes as well. Since this doesn't pertain to apps or games and only music, there is no reason from a marketing standpoint to delay the release of CJS. Unless there is some sort of SoundScan program in place for games that I'm unaware of, the whole idea of waiting is misguided. There are no charts to manipulate, and I'd question the publicist who's handing that out as marketing advice. Now if the devs, by making us wait, are trying to build up hype they're doing a pretty good job of it, but that's a different story altogether. Although I gotta say, marketing fatigue is starting to set in for this touch gamer. I was excited about this title, but it's starting to wear off some. I'll still download the game as soon as I see it, but I'm not sittin' on my hands waiting for it like I was last week.

T.O.

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

+1 it only works on music, i googled this and it is true >:l

20. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Music Industry Professional? Let me guess, you work at HMV?