Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Oh SNAP! that's NOT GOOD!!

2. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    they might just be taking off and adding later.

3. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #1263 ringring, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
    might be a sign that it is approved or short before aproval. it appears again in the bar when TAG gives it for release.

Meanwhile i play AC (great game by the way!). I don't understand TAG they assume it sells better on early week release. This doesnt matter! There are other factors. What matters is: Publicity, Pay day (now ideal moment), Quality. AC will sell like hell!! And so would CJS by now.

Don't forget the fact of Apple's 1 Billion Event, which will focus lots of people to the App Store next days.

Is there any better time for release?

I think Gameloft has more experience and knowledge in marketing than Tag. So better look to them, Paul...

4. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Oh god this better arrive soon.
    I have to spend a long weekend down in Cornwall with my girlfriends parents.

Getting this game on my iphone for me is a matter of maintiaing my sanity during this torturous trip.

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Why is this still being said? Paul himself even said that it's not a matter of when they want to release it anymore. It would've been had the game been approved like they had planned, they then would've picked a day to release it. But once the game was rejected, he through in a message on this thread saying that it's not even about that and that they are waiting for the approval then insta-releasing.

6. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I really wonder what apple rejected about it and how much they had to change?

Is it down to content they do not feel is appropriate?
    Or would it be more like a bug in the game?

7. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    As Paul said before, they didn't have to remove anything....they actually had to add some small things. He obviously couldn't say what, but I doubt that adding things meant the game was inappropriate. Anyway, Payback got through and it is similar in genre (but holds its own in the sucking catagory ;)).

8. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just getting our MySpace page in order...

Tag Games MySpace

Why dont you pop along and become our friend. Lots of goodness there and we'll be adding the game FAQ amongst other things there first!

Cheers
    P

9. Jblack4083

Jblack4083 Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    My bet is that they had to add a disclaimer of some sorts somewhere in the game. Probably at the beginning.

10. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Man apple is taking their sweet time with this one, i'm down to checking to see if it was approved almost every 10 mins...

11. doctorded

doctorded Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT Engineer
    Plantsville, CT
    Apple is ridiculous! I remember when I was a Palm Pilot addict, and games were uploaded to palmgear.com it was done in MINUTES not weeks! ***kers!

12. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I'm beginning to loose interest....NFS syndrome if you will....it is just waaaay too prolonged to be excited about anymore...days and weeks go by with nothing to show...

13. Vecta

Vecta New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    #1274 Vecta, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
    The game/update has already been approved. Tag games is not releasing it until sunday/monday/tuesday of next week.

Basically If the game isn't approved over night then the next earliest we will release will be next sunday/monday or tuesday. There are very solid arguments as to why this is - I know that isnt what you want to hear right now though ;-)

Sorry I cant be more specific. Once this is all over and I'm sat on holiday (vacation) enjoying a cold beer I'll write the whole story down for a blog entry or feature!

Unfortunately at the price the game is going for its going to have stiff competition to actually sell next week when Need for speed also comes out

14. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    That is an old post....you don't know that the game has been approved. Come one...be honest. They were going to wait for release until it got rejected....now they just want it out. I have been in touch.

For those of you looking forward to the game...don't pay attention to people who don't know anything about a subject.

15. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Their twitter says "wondering if they'll get 500 twitter followers or approval of the game first" which leads me to believe the game hasn't been approved.

16. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Are you 100% sure Need for Speed is coming out next week or just assuming?

17. Jblack4083

Jblack4083 Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    The game hasn't been approved. I spoke to Paul thru email about something and he mentioned still waiting for Apple's approval.

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

well, then i guess ill spend my money on NFS and not CJS >:l

19. dogmeat

Apr 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    or maybe learn some patience, just because you got some money burning a hole in your pocket doesn't mean you can't be patient :)