Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London

hey Paul

when it's approved will we still need to wait for the marketing time or are you just going to release it (please LOL)

2. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    yet more marketing? :eek:

impossible! impossible!! :rolleyes:

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

This thread is massive now - anyone know if its the biggest on TA?

CJS is gonna sell millions if it ever gets released! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for Paul:

1. Will I have to re-start the game from the beginning if i miss 1 weeks payment? What if I'd been playing for 4.5 months!!!:eek: Is there some kind of continue system, if not i'd like to request something for an update. My fav idea would be to have a hit squad come after you for missing the payment and you get the chance to take 'em out and get Frankie off yer back till next week! :D

2. I remember reading that missions are automatically generated from a pool of 60 templates, so my question is how does the mission text get updated for a new mission of the same template. For example in the TA video, it shows a bank job on the Bank of Americano. Will the next bank getaway be the same text just with a different bank and time or will it vary more... Will different characters have unique text with unique requirements i.e specific car to use, getaway in specific time limit etc? Otherwise i think missions might be a little repetitive over the 5 month game time!

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    haha Shig! Amen!! :D

5. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    lmao nice to see some strong believers of God here ;) :p, hehe anyway I was hoping to see CJS IS OUT when I got home but I didn't... :( Hopefully Apple will be quick and smart about the resubmission....

6. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I can understand the frustration here, definitely - but before release, firstly Tag need to get Apple's approval. We know that's sketchy at best, especially for a high profile game. Hell, Illusion Labs had trouble with updating Touch Grind as Apple kept a keen eye on what had changed in the game.

I'm pretty sure that Apple will eventually approve the game - and then I reckon Tag will give us a buzz to let us know when to post our reviews, so that you can read about the game.

It can be easy for app reviewers to lose track of applications and delay reviews, I've experienced this first hand. Tag have done the smart thing by letting us play the game to get a good level of feedback - to make sure the final product is not rushed out. It also means that come release day there will be a large amount of supporting material, so you can make an informed purchase.

As for my credibility, well to be quite honest I was surprised when I was contacted for a review build - the site is still young and only gets a small amount of traffic, but I'm also grateful for this opportunity. Just have patience. ;)

7. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Can we please keep religious stuff out of public forums. Every other comment is something about god or 'amen' etc. Not everybody has the same beliefs. It's a CJS thread, not a 'what do you believe in thread'.

8. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm pretty sure you owe 1 million dollars. So I assume once you pay that off, you are free and done with the game's carreer mode and can play the game however you want.

9. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    Amen doesn't necessarily mean anything religious it's just assosciated with it

10. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    tag tag tag, i count the seconds down. :D

11. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #1131 Paul@Tag, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    Ok so I was cutting the grass at home and had a thought just now... we have a lot of buzz around Car Jack Streets and really its great how iPhone gamers are so passionate about their games plus it occurs to me that GTA: Chinatown Wars has been in the news this week because their inital sales have been below expectations...

now wouldn't it be amazing if without any expensive TV, press or radio advertising Car Jack outsold GTA? I don't know if there are enough iPhone gamers out there to make that possible but my gut feeling is it could happen and that would be awesome for us (and indirectly for you because you'll get even better updates, sequels and we might actually be able to finish Astro Ranch this century!)

so I'm wondering if there are any volunteers out there that want to test the power of TouchArcade/viral marketing? Don't think we need many - maybe 25 or so to get things kicked off. I have an idea that could get Car Jack in front of a huge number of iPhone gamers (even the casual ones that dont read this site!) in the next couple of days and for no expense (is good because we are skint!) and for very little work.

Want to potentially be apart of videogaming marketing history and take part in our little experiment? If so email me at [email protected] with MARKETING EXPERIMENT in the subject line in the next 12 hours and I'll send out my idea and we can take it from there.

If nothing else it will relieve some of the boredom while we wait for approval!

Cheers
    P

12. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I'll volunteer. :)
    I won the promo code contest so if that has anything to do with the work.....ya.

13. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    email sent =]

14. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Same here.

15. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    CJS is cheaper than Chinatown wars so there is a chance of outselling it. Although you'd have to sell about 7 copies of CJS ($5 each) to equal Chinatown Wars price ($35). Not counting tax or Apple's 30% of course.

16. Glowz

Glowz Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009

He said outsell not out money gain ;)

17. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    I think he meant copies sold, not total revenue

18. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I know that. I'm just pointing that out.

19. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
  20. Mr-Rogers

Mr-Rogers Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Question

Paul I wanted to know if you have any idea for when it might be coming out.
    You don't need to tell me when but I would like it if you could.
    I just was curious