Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    LOL! I thought you really meant it and I went to check!

2. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    What a poopy head for doing that. At least I have underworlds! :)

3. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    If it comes out, you shall know about it. There will be a thread in the released games section with a few hundred exclamation marks! :D

4. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Only a few hundred? How 'bout a few thousand, haha.

5. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Still playing the waiting game... I think we are just as excited waiting for launch as you guys - we're even planning a Pro Evo party to celebrate launch! Will it be champagne or Dr Pepper only the iPhone gamers can decide!

Hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be in a new thread in the released games section.

We are 100% comitted to providing some really substantial updates to the game over the next weeks so please do feel free to start an update ideas thread, email us or twitter us with ideas. We will of course take everyone's suggestions very seriously.

Thanks and enjoy the game (when it does eventually release!)

6. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Sorry, didn't want to check the last few hundred posts in this thread.

@Paul: When was the update submitted?
    And: Did it incorporate the update which you mentioned before, or was it just a "remove-what-ever-Apple-was-anoyed-on" update?

7. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Update was submitted on sunday just a few hours after the rejection.

It was a very minor thing and we didn't have to remove anything - in fact we had to add something extra!

Cheers
    P

8. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that a small bug or anything would keep such a well done game from the App Store - Apple are out of their minds, off their block and around the bend. Just visit krapps to see what I mean.

Anyway, I think a colleague has run up the highest score yet!

9. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    What's their score Shigzeo? Looking forward to seeing who gets all the achievements ticked off first and finds all the hidden packages ;-)

Also one of the reviewers was asking me if the Obesity felony requires you to kill a certain number of fat people in the game!!!!! It doesnt but the idea is so good we might have to add it for an update.

10. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    haha! another day in the waiting line...

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I know you had to take care of your kid Paul, but have other members of your team been working on ideas for updates?

12. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Thank you :D

13. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Better than that Arta we are half way through the first batch of additions for update 1.1!!!

Can't say what they are but we've predicted a few things that people will say are missing and addressed those first. We'll then wait for feedback on likes/dislikes and bugs before tying it all up.

One thing we'll have if not for first update certainly the second is multi-language support for French, German, Italian and Spanish as well as English.

P

14. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before (and i dont mean this in a bad way) but:

How does this game differ from payback?

I don't own payback either but aren't they both essentially GTA clones offering the exact same thing?

I am guessing from the length of this thread that perhaps this game offers something more but to be honest i haven't been following it until i saw this so if someone could enlighten me as to why i need to be excited about this game.

Thanks

15. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    No, they are not the same. Read.

16. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I was hoping someone could just explain it here or post a link so i dont have to hunt through a 100 odd page thread while i should be working.

But thanks for taking the time to write that.

I have seen the developers site but i still don't understand the difference other than perhaps the story line.

17. rpb1975

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    #1097 rpb1975, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    Dude! Here is the difference. You play in real time and have to pay 50,000 each week, the graphics are night and day different, the controls are different, there are hidden packages in Car Jack Streets, there is better music in Car Jack Streets, the missions will be different, etc.....

I have payback, and it is disappointing to say the least. I can't wait to get Car Jack streets!!!!!! :D You questions is a lot like saying: What is the difference between Diamond Islands, Cubicman Deluxe, and Demarcstar???? They might be a similar type of game (genre), but the games themselves are night and day different within that genre (graphics, controls, style of play, levels, difficulty, etc)

Does that help?

18. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Yep much more helpful.
    Thanks.

I had no idea that you had to pay that money each week. That's a cool concept and means that you have to keep playing it a bit every day right?

By real time.... does it mean that each day / night cycle is 24 hours?
    Or do you mean that even when the app is closed the clock is still ticking?

Again... the latter sounds cool.
    I love games that give you a reason to load it up.

Now i am excited too :)

19. rpb1975

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Yeah...you have to play a little each week to earn the $50,000. So, it gives you a reason to open it up.

Also, if it is night time-wise where you live (or on you iDevice)...it is night in the game. It mimics reality in that way as well. The devs are also VERY active, and are already working on Updates. I wouldn't be surprised if this game becomes my favorite game yet.

20. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Awesome.
    That sounds really really good.

And active devs are a massive pluss point for me. You can tell they are in it for more than a quick buck if they are already talking about improvements before the game is even released.

Thanks for the info.
    This is now on my 'keep refreshing appstore till i can buy it' list.