Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Hopefully it comes out tomorrow during the day... otherwise I will have to wait till Friday and I would hate to miss the release

2. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Ah I do see what you mean. Well Tag Games really did mean to release it tomorrow, but it probably won't happen. So if Apple doesn't rush the review process for this game like you said, then it may take another 2-4 weeks until they finish, correct?

3. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Paul is online. So, I'm pretty sure it is coming out tonight! :D

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I honestly don't know I don't have any "inside information" but I would guess the game is still in the review process. I want the game to come out asap as well, but I'm thinking the game is being reviewed and this whole Australian thing was really nothing.

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    How does..that.. what?

6. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    seriously you cant prove that didnt rpb or someone say it was resubmitted like yesterday

it takes apple like a week or so review a game

7. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    What does that even have to do with the game? Paul was online 2 weeks ago but the game didn't come out then, what makes tonight different? Do you think before posting?

8. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    did you read what that guy said?

I don't think you're understanding what I said..

9. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Evening people.

Ok there is a whole lot of speculation going on here and whilst its very entertaining in most cases its wide of the mark!

First of all this screw up with the Australian App Store was down to a mistake at Tag and has nothing to do with Apple what so ever. Please dont hate on Apple it wasn't their fault - it was ours. The build released today is over 6 weeks old. I can't go into details as to why that is the case (its a long and very boring story that I will save for another day!) but suffice to say this isnt some clever marketing trick or a pre-planned event. Nothing more than forgetfulness!

Second of all bear in mind that the whole App Store process is still very much a new one for most of us. Usually a developer would submit to the publisher or platform holder and its a matter of months before release plenty of time for any last minute mess ups to be fixed... and believe me there are plenty that still occur - from mastering the audio track in mono instead of stereo in a music game to shipping with fatal bugs. On App Store the time to launch is measured in days!!! No wonder there are often problems. Also with the update facility there is no clear line "final" build - there is always the opportunity (and its tempting even for the best devs) to ship with unfinished or slightly broken features.

So anyway the only thing that matters right now is that the game is still in review at Apple. We have addressed the issue that caused the FINAL build to fail approval (the earlier build that was accidentally released today didnt have that functionality in it btw) and we are hoping for approval very soon. I'm afraid that as to when that will be - your guess is as good as mine.

Finally I just want to thank all of you for your interest and support of Tag and what we are trying to do with Car Jack. I really hope that you like the game and that we don't let you down. We really do want to build this game into the best action/driving/crime franchise on mobile devices but it won't come over night. We are committed to going the distance and really do hope you come along for the ride with us - its going to be a hell of ride thats for sure... it has been already!

P

10. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Seriously. What does Paul being online have to do with the game releasing?

11. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    That's what I'm trying to say..

12. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I don't like to say I told you so but... I told you so! :D

Do not fear young ones it will be out soon enough.

13. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I doubt it. It's probably all a lie and the game doesn't really exist. Vaporware, all of it...

14. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Lmao he said our speculation was "entertaining"... Haha, I guess none of us have experience with speculating the Apple review process... :rolleyes:

15. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Trust me, the game is very real. I've played it. ;)

16. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I would say that point is the most pertinant to the situation. I just don't see why there was a six week old build that was submitted waiting for approval? Seems like that might be something you would be on top of. I don't see how that story would be "boring" or uninteresting. Are there seperate places to upload different versions of the game for different countries?

For the second point, are you just going to release it now? As in, no more marketing period just let it release as soon as it is approved? I really can't see the need for any additional marketing after as much hype and speculation this game has gone through...

17. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Liar...

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

im guessing 2-2 1/2 weeks >:l

19. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008