Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    not to mention this is the most viewed upcoming thread ever. it's over 40,000. more than any other ones.;)

2. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    You're just the worst.

3. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    cheater you double posted. ;(
    Oh well cant wait for the game and the hidden package contest.

4. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Oh? :confused:

5. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Sorry couldn't help myself. I will go back and put something in the first post now ;)

6. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I think it will be out tomorrow...even if it was the old version for sale, it means it has been approved because it was actually available to buy. So I think just the correct version needs to be uploaded today and then Apple will re-release it tomorrow, seeing as they must have approved it if was actually viewable in iTunes.

7. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Wasn't that just on the Australian store?

8. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Yeah I think it was. But do you honestly think that Apple will take their sweeta** time again to review it? I'm sure if it was minor, then they will only look to see if Tag Games changed that one minor problem. Hopefully next week, but two weeks AT THE LATEST is my speculation. :cool:

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Even updates need to go through the approval process. So unless the "update" with the correct version was submitted about two weeks ago then it's not happening tomorrow.

Also, Paul asked for those affected to contact support at tag games. I don't think that would happen for something that would be resolved within a day

10. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Just good customer service.

And why would they have seperate iTunes connect pages for each country? It seems as though you upload one app to the central server, pick which countries it will be released in, then specify a price(it will calculate each price for every different currency) and then it is just released in those countries. Remember when Payback came out it came in the Australian store first, due to time differences, so I think CJS would have came out in the U.S. today (0.1) version had the version not been pulled. I really think it is already approved, and just the correct version needs to be uploaded then it will be re-released.

11. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I also think tomorrow is very likely. I am holding my breath tonight...so if I don't wake up, you know why ;)

12. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    perhaps THIS is all a marketing strategy? ever thought of that, hugh? ;-)

13. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Well this is officially the weardiest review procces that I've ever seen or heard
    I mean, rejected but showing up in iTunes search bar, out for sale but not even approved, when the hell have you ever seen this??:p

14. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    see post above ;-)

15. rpb1975

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    My guess (partly guessing, partly information that I have from certain sources) is that there were minor changes to be made in the game. Once TAG finished the changes, they resubmitted to Apple, and it was approved. Apple then, most likely unbeknown to TAG ;), released the game in Australia first (think of the time difference...they are a day ahead). If this is the case, then they should have the full build (not version .01) to release in the next day or two. I do believe the game is approved now. I have never seen apple release a game that is not approved....ever.

16. RaZrVIN

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    Lol, don't hold your breath! If it does come out tomorrow, I will allow you to mock me :eek:

17. rpb1975

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I hope that I can take you up on that! :D

18. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    "certain sources"? Are you hinting that you have some kind of insider knowledge here? Possibly of the release date :D

19. RaZrVIN

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    Haha don't worry, it's not gonna happen ;)

20. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Though unlikely, there might be a fatal bug in the change they made or there's another problem Apple didn't notice before etc.

What I'm saying is Apple is definetely not going to rush this review process. They're going to probably start from scratch and play it safe. What happened in Australia was just a mistake, don't look into it too much because I wouldn't expect to see this too soon.