Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    20 more cents! :eek: I am no longer interested!

Ok, sorry for this useless post. I think I am funnier than I really am...

2. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    LOL. sorry that made me laugh, ;) cmon guys, they worked hard for this game! im sure 20 more cents wont hurt us financially :) plus we'll enjoy the hell outta this game anyway. this truly is one epic thread full of excitement and anger and complaints lol!

3. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    What has the ressesion done to us all.........?

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    lol!

5. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    If I'm not mistaken it's not a lie in Britain, where TAG-Games comes from. Taxes included! Same as in Germany and I think whole Europe, btw.

6. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    When you search Car Jack Streets on iTunes, it now shows up with Payback and Payback Lite. lol, is this a joke?

7. Acole18

Acole18 Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    college... :) n :(
    somewhere n washington i believe...
    rocketman919, i see that u are beta testing zenonia. now u dont have to give away anything about tha game but do you think its a good game in ur opinion? i kno this isnt the thread for this but i thought i would take the opportunity now. :)

8. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    i will wait buying cjs and check some reviews first. Next week are plenty of great games coming out! so spend your money with care (Underworld, Assassins Creed!).

9. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Wow! this thread has almost reached the same length that pocketgod does in just one day!

Honestly I think this game is going to be like rolando where tons of people love it, but the annoying 2 year-olds that lurk the site think it is the worst game ever.

10. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Please don't take the thread offtopic. We don't want to get it locked. This is what PMs are for.

11. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    It's a good point - some people won't like the game and that's fair enough. We are prepared for that! Certainly our best gauge at this stage (and yours too) is the reviews and scores from the professional review sites - with that in mind we have provided builds to all the main iPhone gaming sites.

Hopefully as I type they will be playing the game. I've already heard back from a few and the news is good! (phew I can sleep again) There should be a number of reviews live on launch day so if you aren't sure please do wait and then make up your mind.

Cheers
    P

12. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    I just type "Car Jack Streets" in the app store on my iPod Touch and I get this \image below\:

Don't you feel that this is kind of "unfair game" bay apple and Apex? Yesterday search for Car Jack Streets wasn't giving any results...

Attached Files:

13. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    I and some others had this yesterday morning too.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Arm & Co. Already have an article ready to go on launch, "APB, Car Jack Streets.....":D

15. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hmmmm.... not very happy about that.

It doesn't seem to be Apex's fault - at first I thought they'd used Digital Chocolate tactics and added a line like "if you like Car Jack Streets you'll like this" to their app description but that doesn't seem to be the case.

We've spent lots of time, effort and money marketing Car Jack Streets (personally including some very late nights) and it seems rather unfair that so close to launch if you type the name of our game into the App Store you get the biggest competitor listed.

I wonder after launch if you type "Payback" you'll get Car Jack listed?

Time to do some detective work...

16. stranger

stranger Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    yup, it definitely doesn't seam fair. Just for the protocol the screen is from the Romanian app store, but it is the same in the UK.

Hope that you will get to the bottom of this fast ;)

17. In the previews I've read about CJS, they say that you have to earn something like $50,000 a week, and each week is counted in real-time. What happens if you don't do that? I'm liking what I'm seeing in CJS, but I'm a really casual gamer, so it's not likely I'll be playing very often to earn the requisite sum...

18. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

This tactic reminds me of the Wobble vs. iJiggles feud where each company changed their names and descriptions time and time again to outdo the other. Petty strategy in what seems more and more a petty distribution system for good and bad apps.

Apple have approved apps that have the word 'c*nt', 'yellow fever' and a host of other racist or terrible words in their app descriptions, so this adolescent adverts does not surprise me.

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I think it's cross listed because people who have searched for Car Jack Streets have also searched for Payback, or vice versa. That seems a likely explanation.

If it makes you feel any better, if you search through iTunes proper, you'll get a TAG Games link that links to all of your apps, so y'know...maybe you should plug Rock 'n Roll right now while we wait. :D

20. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    I just discovered the reason
    Where they quote the reviews by some sites, the one that did TA it says "...,car jack ing fast rides,..." (yes with a space between jack and ing), don't know if they did this on purpose coz it should say car jacking fast rides.
    And in the features list it says "explore the streets of 11cities"
    So there's the words car, jack and streets
    So you could think they're doing this on purpose coz the typing error is 2days new just when CJS is about to be released