Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Exactly, different.

Those with the highest interest in a product are willing to pay more for it than those with lower interest in the same product.

That's why intro prices at $0.99 make little sense, IMHO. Sellers are hoping to offset lost revenue early by selling bigger numbers...but that rarely happens, and even when it does, it still winds up being a revenue losing strategy.

TAG are doing the right thing here, and I have no real complaints on their strategy. If anything, the wait has made me take a look at their other games, one of which I forgot they were behind: Rock 'n Roll. I suggest you all try it...it's actually pretty damned good. Remember those special stages in the first Sonic game (the ones that rotated)? The whole game is like that.

2. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Payback will need to get a price drop cause when this drops, they will be totally killed, being at the same price xD

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Stop with the price complaints, its really annoying and rather pathetic. £2.99 is a bargain! :mad:

Consider this:
    • CJS will cost £2.99/$4.99.
    • You have to earn $50,000 each week upto $1M, thus approx. 5 months gameplay.
    • Lets say you take 3 hrs each week to earn the cash, thats about 60 hours of gameplay!
    • So, that means about £0.50/hr or $0.85/hr

AND THAT IS WHAT I CALL A BARGAIN! :cool:

4. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Not all of us have jobs and not all of us probably make 50,000$ a week
    If u call it a bargain u must be pretty rich or high in class

5. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I think he's talking about the game...

6. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    lolwut, $.85/hour is a bargain? I could buy uniwar for $.99, and play it for many, many hours... O_O

7. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Lol yeah he was xD

8. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Eww. Didn't you say we'd have change left over if we saved $5 -_- With taxes, the game costs $5.29...

Oh well, thanks anyways.

9. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Agree, exactly like a monopoly functions (why operate at mc=p when I can charge higher and generate more profit? (at MR=MC).

10. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    #730 Auhron, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    Sometimes I really don't get it, let's think about it, yeah sometimes there is a chance to receive great games for $0.99 or 79cent in Europe, that's some really great deal.

Now we sometimes get games priced around 3-8 euros, personally i don't have any problem with that, because I can still remember and do remember my other devices with Java Games or NGage 2.0 games, which mostly all cost between 5-10 euros at least and they mostly really suck compared to iPhone/iPod Touch titles.

Next we do have Arcade games, retro games or whatever on the big stationary consoles, like Wii, PS3, 360 and I do have to pay even more money and normally do not receive more play time of fun from these games as well. Next could be PSP and DS, same for that, in some countries you pay around 30-45 euro for such games and for full priced 360/ps3 games even around 69 euro. So, that's why I really cannot understand all the complaining.

Yes, GTA: Chinatown Wars is another league than CJS, but still the development team is also another league and size, not to mention the money behind all that. From what I can see so far, CJS is really a great game and I really had a lot more fun with it in the first hours so far than with Payback. The game really gives you an introduction, missions and real targets, more like GTA1/2 back in time. It is clearly not Chinatown Wars, as this one is really an outstanding game for a mobile device, it has great mini games which make fantastic use of the stylus and touch screen and never feels like it has to be added but more like it was designed from ground for a touch device.

Next big advantage is the lively city of Chinatown Wars, weather effects, day/night cycle and many many people, you have trash bins, hot dog sellers and everything is a real object, which can be destroyed or pushed around. People open tiny umbrellas if it starts to rain, all that is a perfect transportation of the big GTA IV to the little screen.

But enough of Chinatown Wars, CJS is so far a really nice game and I'm sure if you do not expect a game in the class of the mentioned GTA you will have lot of fun from and with CJS. It has some good controls, nice graphics, good story, plenty of missions, great music and a good game design, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it as well.

11. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    dude

Attached Files:

12. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Hah, I haven't heard of MR=MC since I was in the 11th grade, despite the fact that I'm in second year college and got an average of 81 in Macroeconomics last year. That's old school XD

13. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    lol. Read carefully...?

14. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hey mate, welcome to the TA forums. I could be wrong, but if you've been sent a preview copy of CJS to review, it might be a good idea to edit the paragraph I've quoted so as to give nothing away!

15. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    :D Facepalm, when words are not enough...

16. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    uhh yeah?......

17. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Reading the previous pages, were you guys complaining at the price point they set at $4.99?

1) They promised the game will be under $5 in price -- $4.99 is technically under $5.

2) If you guys work, you know you probably get $5+ an hour working at McDonalds. I don't know the standards there, but where I used to work (as a private tutor), I got around $35 an hour -- Trust me, it's not much considering how much "fun" that we're assuming we'll get from the game.

3) And yes, though saying it's "lower than $5" then pricing it at $4.99 may seem like a deceiving lie of some sort -- it's not. They didn't lie, the price is below $5. I mean, as someone said before, if you see a car ad and they say "The Chrysler 300C now under $30,000", you almost already expect that the car will be $29,990.

It's just how the marketing team works. But they didn't lie, keep that it mind. It is after all, under $5.

18. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Rofl, he was talking about making $50000 in the game, not in real life ;)

19. iGame

iGame Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    #739 iGame, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    Autaully, they said something like "If you save up $5, I promise you'll have some change left", which is a lie (it comes to $5.29 or so after taxes).

EDIT: Here's the quote...

20. Stykman

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    oh wow i feel like an idiot :D
    still virtual money isnt worth anything