Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

#661 Vester, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    ok thank u, yes, it is hard to belive be he has watched me post on this forum before i guess he picked up on the ">:l" thing. i dont no y he did that he has been waitin for this game forever and idk. anyway this game looks great and worth the wait >:l

2. Jblack4083

Jblack4083 Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I've got a real question about the game.

After you pay back the money, what is there to do?

Are you free to roam around off missions?

3. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I'm not calling anyone a liar....but I don't believe that the game is still in review. There is no possible way for "Car Jack Streets" to show up in the search auto-fill unless it was approved, plain and simple.

I agree with your point about the propagation of the AppStore, but it usually only takes a few hours at most from approval, as has been proved in the past with numerous other games.

As to your point about name reservation, it is entirely not true. There are several apps in iTunes with the same exact name, remember that iDracula app that was just nonsense pictures for $4.99? It wouldn't make much sense to have a system where once a game has been approved with a specific name, no other app could have that name, just doesn't make sense. And if someone makes an app with a popular, well known name that is just a fart app, clearly no one will buy because it sucks and is not the real deal. I am reminded of Shakespeare...."A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" You could call Car Jack Streets "Fart on a Stick" and I would still buy it because it is a quality game :p And Apple (at least has never in the past) doesn't add an entry into the search auto-complete unless it is approved, why would they do so if they were just going to reject the app later on? It would be a waste of time...

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    There have been apps that have showed up auto filled and didn't come out until a few weeks to a month later. Some of us can whine and stomp our feet but it won't make CJS come any sooner. Patience is key here and maturity. It will come when it comes. :)

5. Jblack4083

Jblack4083 Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Remember. It's a video game...

6. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    You know what's funny? When I searched for Car Jack Streets last night, my iPod returned Payback and Payback Lite as the results. It doesn't do that anymore...wonder why ;)

7. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    That's my whole point. People are up in arms and raging as it's some huge deal. lol

8. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    I think you're wrong here. You don't know and I don't know how the AppStores interna work. So saying there's no possible way ... is just wrong.

Well, the iDracula Shooter is named: iDracula - Undead Awakening; whereas the picture app is called iDracula!
    So the names differ!

If you can remember, Chillingo even had a thread about naming the game here in TA!

9. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    #669 emb531, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    That is because the developer was purposefully not releasing it, as in specifying a release date, as the game had been already approved :rolleyes:

I hope you are not referring to me as "stomping my feet", seeing as I am being as objective as possible. I just hate misinformation and attempts to deceive people through marketing or other means.

While I do agree neither of us know how the AppStore internals work (no one besides Apple does), I am basing my assumption on about 6-7 months of experience and knowledge of how it has worked in the past, which is a pretty good source of data. And, while iDracula is now entitled - Undead Awakening, when it was first released it was simply known as "iDracula". And if there were stipulations about reusing the same name for different apps, I don't think simply adding a "!" would absolve that regulation, seeing as it is merely a punctuation, doesn't change the actual name at all.

10. ajd90

ajd90 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Yorkshire, UK
    I noticed that when I checked, think it was this morning! Looking forward to the game though, the gameplay vids look awesome, I really like the cartoonish graphics :p

11. Acole18

Acole18 Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    college... :) n :(
    somewhere n washington i believe...
    the main thing is that this is going to be quality game that is taking time to release, now u guys gotta understand that paul said even if it is approved they are going to do a little polishing before releasing so who knos wen it will come out. I'd rather see a great game that took time rather than a crappy game that was released immediately :/

12. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Search for "car jack streets" and you'll be met with a link to Tag Games' other apps, so the search for the game and the developer being connected lead me to believe CJS is already approved and awaiting release.

13. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    maybe it was approved toady...but Paul hasn't mentioned anything yet and it seems like he would of

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Remember guys Sway and Zen Bound were heavily marketed, they had big spots up the top of the page!

15. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    does anyone know what the price of CJS will be??

16. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Paul said under $5 on launch.

17. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    How much is the game because I am not paying more that 3.99$ for a game for some reason

18. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Remember that they were possibly the most polished and well done games, and they would have done just as good no matter what day they were released.

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

dude $5 look above >:l

20. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I guess your going to most likely miss out then :(

Paul said under 5 which could be inferred as 3.99 but it most likely means 4.99