Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Well are you a dev that has other apps out on the iPhone? Obviously they have looked at how the other games have done when released on certain days. If you aren't a dev and just a game-thirsty customer like me then we want everything immediately. They do this to make money however so they will release it when they are ready.

And please remember guys that Paul is in charge here on the thread but there are other people that work on this game and have a say in what happens. :)

2. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Sorry Canadian but it hasn't been approved...look at Paul's previous post

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yes you can, MGS touch did it,

Like he's said, a hundred times, they're lining marketing up before they put it up for sale.

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    yes you can. and you can distribute promo codes for it, so some people can actually try it - review it.

5. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    wait so if you search it up on app store it will be there?

6. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

id release on friday so people could get and play over the weekend, personally i think that the Tuesday/Monday sales thing is Bull S*** but thats just me >:l

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yes, but not really, u will see

8. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, try it out.

9. yournothere

Feb 7, 2009
    i dont see it
    it tells me its not there

10. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #590 Paul@Tag, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    Yes we have also noticed that the auto complete in the search now has Car Jack Streets listed - I think this is good news and means an approval is close at hand but really I'm not sure anyone really knows!

Trust me we are keen to get this game out as soon as possible. We have families to feed and bills to pay and for a small developer a game like Car Jack is a major undertaking and risk. It has to be done right, we cant afford to mess this up and so unfortunately we have to go with the release date that gives the game the best chance of good sales. We aren't EA or Ngmoco, we don't have millions in the bank - in fact you'd be amazed at the tiny size of the Car Jack team and budget - and we aren't experts in sales and marketing so you'll just have to put up with our best attempts as we learn how best to do things!!! We do value your patience and support and trust me we will be giving back to the Car Jack community if the game does well... we have some awesome competitions planned and some good ideas for update content ;-)

and yes the game will retail at less than five dollars - at least if you get in and buy it soon after launch :D

11. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Well look at other previous big games that have released on Tuesday: Zen Bound, Sway,... and many others

It's marketing

Plus personally I think people buy games early in the week so that they can play them during work/school :D

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

well, imma look for it next week or tommorow *crosses fingers*, at least the price is a steal >:l

13. yournothere

Feb 7, 2009
    do i go to power search and look for it?

14. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It should be approved very soon, I suppose.

So, if it's approved today, it'll be released today, and if not, it won't be released until early next week?

15. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    I believe that is the basic plan

16. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just checked iTunes connect and the game is still showing in review...

Its late here in the UK so I'm going to grab some sleep... take care everyone

P

17. skimmer221

skimmer221 Member

Jan 15, 2009
    does this mean we have to wait until monday/tuesday even if it gets approved within an hour?

18. yournothere

Feb 7, 2009
    i still cant find out how to search it......
    Would someone like to help me? I used the power search and browse but it wont show up.

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

more than likely >:l

20. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I'm not trying to be arrogant, but from what I can gather the app has been approved, but TAG Games want to release it at a date that will properly stimulate sales.