Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

A good idea for a lite version there, making it impossible to complete more than a week. It means that players have a real chance to get a taste for the game, the story, characters, missions, gameplay whilst leaving the complete experience to the paid version.

Really looking forward to this game now. I can see why others are complaining about the wait, but i'd rather let Tag do their best with the game and marketing. Because if this game is successful (which it should be - I mean Payback's done pretty well), we will probably get decent updates and/or a sequel! :D

2. colmiak

colmiak Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    #382 colmiak, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    wow, that's actually a great idea. An exclusive mission. Very nice idea. Would definitely work for marketing the game. Hopefully Paul reads this before they do anything final for the lite version. Great idea, really!

EDIT: Just thougth of this...I'm sure you thought about this too, but I just wanted to write it out: The downloads from people who own the full version would not only increase visibility from person to person; it would help bump the lite version up in the top free apps! I'm guessing that is part of what you meant by visibility but really, this is a genius idea and if Paul doesn't use it... I'll cry! I hope this wonderful idea isn't wasted :(

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Anybody know how Payback did their Lite version? What it was and how long after the main game release did it come out?

4. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I only know that they let you play the whole level one of the full game.

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

why r u even talkin about lite, the full isnt even out, i would prefer updates over a lame lite version >:l

6. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    For more potential/on the fence buyers?

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

judging on the screen u like it or u dont, thats the way i see it >:l

8. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    #388 hirschy75, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Promo Code Contest

Message from the Street Team:

So now you have seen what Car Jack Streets will look like and you have heard from the dev's how the game is going and now you just can't wait to get your hands on it right? Perfect. Lucky for you we are having a promo code contest. Entries must be submitted no later than Friday April 10th at 12 A.M. eastern time to be put into the drawing. You may enter only 1 time per contest but you may enter both if you wish. Feel free to send us just one email with both contest entries attached.

Contest 1
    Answer ALL

1. How many Minutes of music are in CJS?

2. What did Paul Farley develop from the original GTA?

3. Who is the Senior Artist

4. What was the music from Dev Diary 3?

5. Why was the game slightly delayed from it's intended release date of April 7th?

Contest 2
    Are you more artistic in nature? Well lucky for you you can also enter a piece of art and if we approve you will also be entered into the drawing for a promo code. You may submit 1 entry of any of the following:

1. A gangster pic of yourself or gang.
    2. A Short Story
    3. A Poem
    4. A hand drawn piece of art.

Please submit entries to [email protected] and include the site that you saw this on.

Remember anything involving profanity or anything else inappropriate will be automatically disqualified.
    Anyone who submits more than 1 entry will be automatically disqualified.

Thank You from the Street Team and Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Hint: (info can be found on the game website as well as from the dev diaries on youtube)

9. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    #389 RJ, Apr 8, 2009
    Deleted.

10. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    #390 hirschy75, Apr 8, 2009
    thank you

11. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    That better not be true that u die if u don't play. I hate any type of pressure being put of me wheter if be doing HW, Finishing a project or even play a game

12. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    No problem...saving many entries...thats why others (including myself) can google it :)

I <3 Google! :))

13. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    k but remember you must answer all questions

i will edit it but all answers in contest 1 must be answered

14. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    that would stink. It's similar to the only flaw of Galcon, if you don't constantly play your rank suffers. I used to be an admiral with one stripe on it, but I couldn't play it enough anymore because of all the other amazing iPhone games I have. So now I am an ensign boy in Galcon : (

15. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    i cant finf the answers!!:(

16. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    Look at the hints nuggets :),

thats all the help i can really give you here. If there is one huge problem your having or something feel free to PM me.

17. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Apple is so slow sometimes...frustrating to say the least :mad:

18. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    So when is this going to come out?

19. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    At the moment, the game is set up so that if you don't get enough money to pay frankie in the week you die.

20. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    No one knows. :S