Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
  2. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    wow thats a while ago. Not really but im eagerly waiting for this game to come out and for someone to compare this to payback so i can decide between the 2!

3. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    i hated payback
    the graphics just killed it for me; camera angles, stick figures EWWW

4. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I loved it, but to each his own. :p

5. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I agree, Payback seemed cool at first, but the graphics really aren't that good and there is no connection with the game at all.

CJS on the other hand has amazing graphics, and a great storyline and connection with the main charachter (as in if you don't play the game he dies :eek:).

6. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Very true, the story behind this game is so interesting

7. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Wait what, you'll die? That's pretty cool, that would easily keep me coming back to it. Reminds me of that fish aquarium app where your fish would die if you didn't come back in time.

8. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Yea, you have to pay the mob boss $50,000 each week (the game is real time, so if you play at night the city in the game is night time, and vice versa with day time) and if you don't make the $50,000 by the time it is due, the boss will take you out.

9. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    To be honest with you my post wasn't even directed towards you. It was directed towards something you said which brought up something I've seen on this forum and many other forums where people have flat out said "Who cares about the sales just release the game", maybe I should have stated that in my post and maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to attack without clarification who knows, all I know is I know what im talking about and it wasn't an insult(more of a statement), but accept my words how you want just sorry you feel im childish and ignorant, but I guess it happens.

10. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Oh ok...my bad :eek: No hard feelings? Conveying your intended message on the internet is quite difficult...:cool:

11. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Maybe I should've spokeore clearly, I meant advertise the game with it already available for sale (as in able to buy), not a sale price.

12. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Yea, no hard feelings. It's just like you said about it being hard to express the intended message over the internet.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    iphonegamenetwork.com:

Appgamer:

14. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Well thats the game sent out to the review sites. Fingers crossed they all like it!

Nothing much to report other than its now a waiting game for all of us. We have started work on the first update and are making some improvements to the AI, adding a new control scheme, an online/in-game competition and quite a bit more.

We are also thinking about how to structure a 'lite' version. We've thought about limiting the size of the map, having a time limit and much more but our current favourite idea is to release the lite version as a kind of Smash TV survival game with limited functionality i.e you cant get in the cars. What do you guys think - does that sound fun? Should give folk a chance to get a feel for the game without giving too much away.

If you haven't checked out the Car Jack Streets developer diaries then you'll hopefully find them an interesting insight into the development of the game and what its like working for a small indie developer. They are all on our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/taggames

Take care folks and if you see a flamethrower lying in the street you know what to do ;-)

15. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    For the lite:
    What about increasing the amount of money to give to the mob to something incredibly high, so it's not at all reachable? Like $188 Trillion? So the game will end after 1 week?
    Or reduce the amount of time to reach that?
    So you have to start every day?

16. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm still surprised at your kvetching about reading a few short lines. :confused:

Took me all of a minute and a half to write that post up, and it takes you longer to read it?

What has become of our educational system....:p

17. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Ah...whoops.

:eek:

My apologies.

I dunno if that would be best though. Biggest sales period is usually at launch for a product...so maybe Paul and the people at Tag just wanna ramp it up as much as they can.

Have patience. The way I figure it is that if more people buy the game early, the more likely things like bugs, etc. will be reported, and the better game we'll get. Hopefully it'll be a better experience than with Payback, where we had to wait quite a while for the game we all really wanted (stellar last update to that game, btw).

18. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Eh...I don't really like that idea. I mean...at that point it's an entirely different sort of game, no? And if that's the case, does it properly represent the full game to the potential consumer?

Aren't there missions in the game?

How about just limiting the lite version to one mission?

Or creating an exclusive mission just for the lite version.

In fact...I kinda like that last idea. Exclusive lite version mission. It would actually bump up the download numbers for the lite version, as those of us who will have bought the full version will grab the lite version for that mission. That would in turn (hopefully) bump up the visibility for said lite version, thus grabbing some in the market for iTouch/Phone games who may not know about CJS. Win-win, IMHO.

You guys can probably implement a crossover save feature for the lite version, so that whatever the end result is for the lite version mission can be saved to the full paid version (The Void, a space shooter for iTouch/Phone, does this with the lite and full versions).

So...whaddya think?

19. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Apple is taking their sweet time with approving this...hopefully by tonight or tomorrow. Really looking forward to trying this out...

20. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    #380 different, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    My guess is that Tag are going for a set day for the game to appear in the Store - ngmoco did this with Rolando (and to great success I might add, with many sites having banners for it detailing exactly when it would be available). I reckon the review builds are also to establish some good press (or bad, but we'll see - they say any press is good press) for the game when it becomes available.

I have a copy and although I don't want to share the details out of respect, suffice to say we'll have a review up for you to decide before parting with your cash on launch.