Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Yeah sorry for the confusion, Paul said it most likely would available by the end of this month. So let's hope and pray that it has been submitted already! And your comment made me lmao Candy, haha I'm just tryin to make people smile with my corny signature because that's exactly what we need in the world right now :)

2. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Are there any other sandbox style games I can munch on (besides payback) for the iPhone until CJS comes out?

I really want Chinatown Wars....

3. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    hey paul

any news on the street team?

4. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hello!

We've been very busy of late and the good news is that if you applied for the Street Team and have been selected you should now have an email from us confirming your status.

Things are coming along well and submission is now only days away. Looks like we will miss the 31st unfortunately unless there is some miracle in the review process!

Apologies for the previous post about technical capabilities I am not technical in anyway shape or form, however based on what I do understand I still feel we will not see a full GTA third person 3D game on this generation of iPhone. It's not just about 3D performance but the level of processing needed for the AI and everything else as well. I guess we will see ;-)

Interesting to see that the CJS movie trailer is the #66 most watched YouTube video in the UK today and even higher in Russia!!!

P

5. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    What is left to be done before submission? I hate postponement of submissions/releases....:p

6. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    That's ok an amazing late game is better than a bad game that comes too early.

Good luck with the review process and nice job on the vid

7. Varkman

Varkman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I hear a sequel is being planned that will feature a "Chinatown Wars level of production value and detail"...

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I can't wait... especially since I'm now a Street Team member! :)

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I want to find out more about the gameplay out of the vehicles. Weapons, how do enemies track you and how can you escape them, activities, etc.

10. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    It's official, I'm on the Street Team!!!

11. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    what does the Street team do?

12. Varkman

Varkman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    This sounds cool, heres an exerpt from the interview...

Car Jack Streets was previously a Java game for regular mobile phones. There have been a few games by major publishers that have turned out to be “lazy ports”. What improvements can gamers expect in the iPhone version?

The great aspect of building from the Java version initially is that we are starting with a game that is already a successful award winner on an existing mobile platform, albeit one with significant technical limitations! The iPhone version of Car Jack Streets is certainly far more than a port! Visually the whole game has undergone a makeover with the addition of 3D buildings and objects, weapons effects, day and night lighting, headlights and brake lights and much more. Another huge improvement has been made with the audio. We have over 80 minutes of really superb music across a wide variety of genres plus a wide range of sound effects that help to build a sense that the city is real and living. There’s also a number of new vehicles and weapons, psycho bonuses where you just have to go crazy for 30 seconds , achievements (or Felonies in this case), global earnings tables to see how you stack up against other players and much more!

13. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
  14. steviet

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    spamboy and hatteras - you're not supposed to reveal that youreon the street team

15. spamboy

Dec 31, 2008
    Heehee yes we can. We can't tell you how good the game is looking at this point, or when it's due out. Fingers crossed, everybody.

16. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    yes we can...

17. spamboy

Dec 31, 2008
    #197 spamboy, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  18. steviet

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    I'm on it aswell, just thought we couldn't disclose that we were

19. hirschy75

Feb 9, 2009
    #199 hirschy75, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    K back on subject guys, good for all who made it

Anyone have comments about the controls? It seems like it will be easier than paybacks to control as well as being easier on the eyes which I am grateful for

And by the way the 3rd part of the developers diary is up, sorry I can't post the link. On the itouch lol

20. kieranvanpinxteren

kieranvanpinxteren Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    snowmobiling
    North west territories
    Dev diarys

There is a new dev diary on youtube! It is about the art of the game!!!:)