Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #1 Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    I'd like to pull all the Car Jack Streets pre-release stuff into one thread to save chocking up the rest of the forum with various Car Jack threads. I'll now use this thread with all the latest news in the run up to release.

To get started we have revamped the Car Jack Streets game website. You can check it out here:

www.carjackstreets.com

We'll be doing all sorts of fun things over the coming weeks including promo code giveaways on our Twitter and Facebook pages, a 'warts and all' behind the scenes video diary on YouTube plus the usual release of screen shots and game-play movies. We also have a very special competition based upon in game performance of which there will be news very soon.

Cheers
    Paul

PS check out the characters page on the Car Jack website to see the in-game incarnation of our "get in the game" competition winner Marto Tonev!

[hqyoutube]2QCN7ueKLH4[/hqyoutube]

PPS the first preview screenshot is included on page 8

2. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I'm dreading these waiting days!

Will there be a lot of people on the streets?

P.S. How' your wife doing? I saw in the Dev thread that she was due soon

3. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hey Hatteras good to hear from you and thanks for asking about the family. We are still waiting for #2 child to appear but it could be any day now... hopefully we will be celebrating the safe delivery of two babies this month - the human one and Car Jack!

There will be more people on the streets during the day than the night. We still have to finalise the balance - as you can image the more pedestrians the easier certain things are.... like the road kill felony achievement and the cult leader bonus. We do have a good number of pedestrian types so hopefully you'll approve - if not then we'd certainly welcome your thoughts for the planned updates!

Cheers
    P

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm still a Tag Games supporter, tweet lurker and CJS awaiter. I entered a features contest, and recieved a pm back that was somewhat cryptic, from you Paul, so I prob didn't win huh ?

5. addict4apps

addict4apps Member

Mar 14, 2009
    so,..

So what's the deal with the 3139 stuff and the green lit stuff on your twitter? I can keep a secret :)

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I joined up on Facebook. Name of Ben.

7. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

When will it be outttttttttt

8. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hey Rich if you didn't get a reply then do assume that you didn't win. We'll have plenty more promo codes to give away in the coming weeks so please do try again!

As far as release goes then I can't really talk about that with any certainty because of the review process... I will say that in terms of content we have the ok so no worries on that account. We are aiming for a 31st March release (hence the cryptic Twitter post!) but again it depends on how this week goes and how smoothly we get through the review process.

I will say that although we have made rapid progress towards completion we are not going to ship until we are happy with the game - we have too much riding on this as our first major iPhone title!

Cheers
    P

9. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Wow, this looks amazing now with all the preview artwork and vehicles :D Can't wait :D

10. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #10 snow_mani, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    I checked out the website for more info. It looks good. But I did notice that there was not one female character...

Edit: Just to clarify I'm not criticising. I just happened to notice and was curious about this.

11. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    My idea :)

12. Rohan Dalal

Rohan Dalal Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    :)oh man does this look good :D
    ill just have to get this also..even though i have payback :)

13. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Actually it was mine if you recall... You complained about how it was yours and the gracious Paul decided to give in to your whining and give you a code (a bad choice i think... can never give in to a baby's demands)

14. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Hey again Paul

I just downloaded GTA 2, a real gem you got there. I am certain CJS can live up to it. Whoevers idea it was, it will be a good idea to have more people during the day. I hope there's a lot, too, like GTA 2

P.S. What's with with you and all of your clown killings you're talking about? You really don't like clowns...

P.P.S. My thoughts in future updates???? I'm flattered! ;O

15. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    There are no main women characters primarily because with missions being proceduarally created it caused all sorts of issues with the localisation text strings.

Hopefully for Car Jack 2 when we have a bigger budget and a bit more time we'll address this... as we all know some of the biggest criminal minds of our time have been women!

P

16. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    hey paul

any clues of the intro price yet? trying to justify to myself getting let's golf, rasta monkey and cjs plus any other big releases all in the same month!!!

also, youve mentioned comps for promo codes etc. any plans for competitions for people in the uk?

17. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Paul, I listened to your iPGN interview yesterday (while tearing out a wall ironically, does CJS promote destruction?) and I have to say that even just HEARING the work you've put in there has exceeded my expectations. I have high hopes for CJS and know that this game won't disappoint!

Are you expecing to pick up GTA:CW when it comes out to see if you can borrow some stuff for CJS2? I have no doubt that CJS will turn a huge profit for TAG and hopefully kick off some more amazing projects.

FYI, for those wanting to check out the interview of Paul on iPGN, get it here: http://www.iphonegamenetwork.com/tags-paul-farley-talks-car-jack-streets

18. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hey Crimsonpaw - yes I'm very much looking forward to Chinatown Wars, its looks like its going to be an amazing game and I do hope that one day Tag gets the chance to make a game as ambitous and polished!

We've just uploaded the first of a number of developer diary videos to our YouTube site. This first one is just a fun intro to the team but future ones will have lots more behind the scenes material about the making of Car Jack on iPhone and iPhone development in general.

Hope you like it ;-)

Car Jack Streets - Development Diary Part 1

19. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    #19 inferi22, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    Wow get over it I couldn't read your pm to Paul and I thought of it too
    And I was only a stinkin junior member who never read the rules like most of the junior members on today

20. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    Paul, I too listened to the interview and you and the interviewer made me laugh a couple of times :D Hehe, anyway, I'm so impressed about the amount of time, work, and effort you all put into the game. I'm definitely going to be one of the first buyers, and I do hope that you get large amounts of money :) By the way, congrats on your two babies, your human one (has he/she been born yet?) and CJS! :cool: