Official Boulder Dash® - coming soon to iPhone/iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chillingo, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Boulder Dash® – coming soon for iPhone/iPod Touch featuring – large scrolling caves, pinch zooming, portrait and landscape play, multi-touch configurable virtual D-Pad controls and original music and SFX. All 80 original caves are included plus 4 bonus screens.

This world-renowned tricky puzzle and dexterity game first made its debut in the early 80s across several personal computer platforms, including Atari, Commodore 64 and DOS. It is one of the few gaming titles to be ported from a personal computer game to a coin-operated arcade game, four different times in fact, and still enjoys a large loyal fan base today.

Coming soon from Chillingo, co-published with First Star Software

LowResBoulderDash.jpg

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So this is why SioSae had to change his app to Gopher and had the graphics changed, in a deal with Five Star Software that he can't talk about....

3. SioSae

SioSae Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    that's quite right. this was one of the reasons but as a result i can release my game. i still believe it was worth it (the compromises i had to make). and while looking to the screenshots above i think my choice of making my graphics really old school works too because of the differences between the two games of ours.

4. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Sorry

Thanks for pointing that out people! Sorry for the wrong section post - I have emailed Arn to get this moved to 'upcoming games'.

New post also added in 'upcoming' for Return to Mysterious Island - I hope we got it right this time!

Thank you.

5. I loved Boulder Dash way back when. It was the first video game I ever bought on floppy disk -- and I bought it before I even had a floppy drive. (I knew I was getting one for Christmas though.) It was a gatefold package that featured Boulder Dash I and II plus Boulder Dash Construction Set on the other side of the disk.

I hope this original music remains intact. Based on the above ad, it looks like there are buttons for the normal directionals -- but where's the fire button? Just tap on the screen? It also looks like the graphics have been updated a bit, too.

6. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Chillingo isn't there one game left to announce I want to know way it is

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Yay! Another 20+ year old game!
    As much as I love resurrecting the games of my youth, please bring a new, complete, full featured game. I am starting to get sick of the sloppy ports with no new gameplay elements or easier gameplay. More power to ya, i hope you get it right.

8. Axianer

Axianer New Member

May 1, 2009
    omg

Oh ich liebe dieses Spiel.Schon in den 80ern habe ich es auf dem C64 regelrecht verschlungen.Ich hoffe es dauert nicht mehr so lange bis es erscheint. ;)