Universal Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (By Oddworld Inhabitants Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 14, 2017.

1. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Wow, so much for attaching a screenshot. Apparently the mobile version of this site doesn’t allow that. (Kind of silly seeing as how this site primarily caters to iOS users, lol.) Anyway, in lieu of screenshot, here’s an IGN link of the walkthru for this level. If you go to approximately 12-minutes in the video you’ll see the section. Can’t get past it on the iOS version.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/oddworld-new-n-tasty/Scrabania

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Update your app. ;)

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I believe and update was JUST released that fixes this issue.

4. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Help

Loving it so far.
    I’m at the first “Mimic”section and have tried for 30 mins with no luck. I understand it’s the second sound twice then fart but I’ve tried to time it and/or just keep doing the sounds and can’t get past the guard. I’ve also tried laughing after. What am i missing? I’m sure it’s something easy and I’m just not realizing it. Thanks in advance.

5. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Restarted the game & got past on the first try. Very odd

6. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    still broken

No, unfortunately it's still doing that. You leap, you hang on just fine, you begin to climb up, and when you get to the top you simply fall to your death.

I'm on an iPhone 7, btw. (So it's not old gear. Just a year old.)

7. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    #47 OddworldTeam, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    We're working on making this section clearer and easier, the first fix for this is in 1.0.3 but we have more to do. That said, you're supposed to get over that gap with Elum, not without him. :)

Edit: wait, just seen the exact spot in the IGN video. Regardless of the intention, you should be able to do what the guy does in the video. Let me go back to the dev team on this.

That said, please do check you have 1.0.3 which was released overnight to fix this issue.

8. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Strange. Don't worry about timing, just don't start until he's finished.

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    It was strange. I kept going back to a save and walking up and doing the two tones and fart to no avail. I decided to start over and walked up and had no issue getting past. I died soon after and had to do it again, once more i had no issue getting past.

Really enjoying the game. Nice job!!

10. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    #50 OddworldTeam, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Thanks! Most of the credit has to go to Square One Games though, they handled the port. :)

We've just checked the Scrabania hoisting issue in 1.0.3 and it's definitely fixed for us, so hopefully everyone else.

Edit: If it's still an issue in 1.0.3, the devs tell us that restarting the last checkpoint should fix it permanently, once you've updated to 1.0.3.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    OddworldTeam, 1.0.3 is the first update that hasn't been a delta (incremental) update, right? Just making sure 'coz this is the first time I've had to (well, I still am) download the entire game again.

12. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ah that's a shame! Nice game anyway :)

13. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Thanks to everyone that bought the game in this thread - the game is flying up the paid apps charts just now (at around #30 in some countries) which is great to see.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

14. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    I just want to say Thank You, for such a great port of this game! Its entertaining and very well done.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    That’s great to know. Hope theres more premium games in the future

16. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Us too. :)

17. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #57 Someon, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Tinkie277 thank you for bringing it up in a right moment. I’m 32 bit guy with matrix and nostalgia ‚to draw in” polygons(you will not find draw in this game). Yet i never played it when released. Now i really enjoy it. Such a deep and great game. I wish i was a better savior tho ;)

PS Happy new year guys and girls

18. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    I’ve lost all my progress in this game :( it said save file was corrupt and started from beginning. :mad:

19. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Sorry, only just seen this - what happened? How far had you got? Apologies this happened to you, we've not heard anyone else mention anything like this so keen to see if we can fix it.

20. Someon

Someon Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Hi there. Thank you for your concern. I won’t be precise, but it was somewhere in
    the shrine, where you have to enter a lot of doors and lighten this important for their culture thingies before you progress to the next stage
    but earlier I also had a glitch. While I was reloading game and reading save point it showed exactly same time (spent in the game) as before so I thought I lost one hour of progress, but did not.
    Later, probably the same day, while reloading once again, save was lost. so it was some sort of foreshadowing ;)