Universal Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (By Oddworld Inhabitants Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    What's the size after install? So I can make room :)

2. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #22 yankeeblue000, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Oh man! What a week. I need more time & space. Lol. I have this for Xbox One but would love this masterpiece on the go. Bought. I rarely play my Xbox anymore anyway. iOS is where I game mostly. I'm glad dev's are starting to recognize iOS as a viable gaming platform to create new ip's and to port existing ones over. It's up to the gamers to stop whining about prices and shell over that money if they want quality over quantity. Once again this is a great addition to the iOS lineup. Buy, buy, buy

3. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Thanks :) Yeah, we're really excited to bring the game to mobile - as with Stranger and Munch, we didn't want to make any compromises on the 'console' experience as much as possible, so happy you agree! Enjoy!

4. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    One problem that I am having, is that my save is somehow out of sync with my devices

the iPad is at 3% completed while my phone is only at 1

i reinstalled the game on the iPad, still at 1%
    reinstalling on the phone now

same iCloud and gamecenter account on both

just wondering if anyone has had this issue

UPDATE: iPhone finished reinstalling.. and 3% there..

It looks like they got back in sync.. but unsure why this happened..

darrin

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bought thus. Really good so far

6. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    #26 OddworldTeam, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Great to hear!

We're noticing a few people aren't picking up on the Quicksave function (the little icons at the top of the screen) - be sure to use these as you can literally save anywhere at any time and instantly jump back to that spot, with no penalty!

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    definitely going to pick this up and hey do you know if there is any chance strangers wrath will be optimized for the iPhone X?

8. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Great game. Completed it today in about 6-8 hours. Sad that I missed one mudokon in the middle of the game(I guess somewhere in scrabania or paramonia, where counters of mudokons are rare), so my score is 298 out of 299. Used quick save a lot. No, A LOT. Especially when riding Elum. Great job! I hope that the brand new Soulstorm will also get a release on iOS:)

9. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Nice one! Now beat it on hard without quiksaves in under 3 hours! :)

10. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Let us get back to you on that one.

11. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    #31 darrinsden, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    i will habe to just limit myself to playing on one device... just not syncing reliably.. am out of sync again and would rather not delete and redownload to pick up the new save

EDIT: though just to test, I did delete it from the iPad and redownloaded it... installs synced to the new save.

so it isnt picking it up on start, just on FIRST start

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Anyone playing this with a nimbus? Just curious if it works fine. Like no issues with the fact the controller doesn’t have clickable thumbsticks

13. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    The Nimbus was our main testing device. :)

14. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Yay!

15. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Yes

This is a superb port of a superb game. Controls are about as good as one can expect for touch screen. And as hard as it is, quicksave/quickload really is quick. That’s not hyperbole. It’s instantaneous and you have unlimited quicksaves.

This game is exactly as I remember it back on the original PS. A work of art then and now. And plays smooth-as-butter.

Now, if we can just get Abe’s Exodus... :)
    (please say yes, please say yes)

16. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    Oddworld Soulstorm is looks like Abe Exoddus remake. It's comming to ios?

17. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Yeah, the guys spent a lot of time on QuikSave/QuikLoad and you're right - it's pretty instant and a real blessing for those tricky bits... Not that we've ever used it here at the studio, of course, right...? :D

We're so glad you're happy with it, thank you!

As for Oddworld: Soulstorm (it's not Exoddus, it's a brand new game) we're yet to announce any platforms, sorry. :)

18. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I noticed the devs are active here so I have a request:

please please... if you get this running on Apple TV, please don't charge again for a separate app. Both the iPhone and iPad apps are included in the same price, it just feels like you've punished Apple TV owners by making your other apps separate on Apple TV.

Customers who own an Apple TV are already going to have iOS devices and if they have the game already on iOS it seems unlikely they'd pay again for an app you could just airplay.

It's like the old days of the app store where iPad and iPhone apps were charged separately, developers realised it hurt user experience and cost sales so went ahead and made apps universal.

Pretty please! ;)

19. OddworldTeam

OddworldTeam Member

Dec 14, 2017
    We have no current plans for an Apple TV version. #

20. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Bug in Scrabania

I’ve encountered the first real but that seems to prohibit moving ahead in the game. Near the end of Scrabania you see a ledge with a couple bad dudes sleeping. You have to leave your Elum behind for a moment to sneak past them and so on. The thing is, you can’t sneak past them without doing a jump so that you grab the ledge first and hoist yourself up, and THEN you can begin sneaking without alerting them. Except when you grab the ledge right here and attempt to hoist yourself up is results in you falling to your death every time. I’m attaching a screenshot so that you know where this is. If anyone has a solution I’m all ears.