Universal Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (by Oddworld Inhabitants)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2015.

1. madmonstor

madmonstor Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Fix for iCloud not working on 64 bit devices will be in next update.

2. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    And smoth framerate on Ipad Air 2?

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #63 Crabman, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    I have a smooth framerate on Air 2 but i'm not far into the game yet.Not 60 fps but still ok.

4. madmonstor

madmonstor Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    For those experiencing random crashes on the last update, 1.0.1, we believe the issue is due to problems with Apple's update process. You may not have all the files you need to run the game properly. We've seen this rare problem in the past with The Bard's Tale and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. The fix will be to wait for the next update, 1.0.2, which has been submitted for Apple review. Included in update 1.0.2 are a fix for another rare crash bug and a fix to add iCloud support for 64 bit devices. Apple review times are currently around 7 days. We will ask for an expedited review and hope they consider it. Here are some download codes for Stranger's Wrath to keep some of you busy in the meantime:

FHEYNLF7WRHP
    JNW6YJFYY3MA
    J4RK6APRWJ46
    RXTLW4WTW7LJ
    4RWPLRH47PMX

5. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
  6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    4RWPLRH47PMX thank you!

It must be a lucky day for me.
    :)

7. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Looks ok to me.Maybe not perfect but definitely playable.Well,maybe it's just me but having a long history of console gaming,i don't expect that every game is able to run with 60fps and native resolution.

yes,it's an old game but the resolution is how many times higher now?And the levels are quite huge.Of course,i'm not aginst it if they can improve it further but i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

8. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    #68 Marcos stein, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Don't you see the stuttering when you take control of the robot?

9. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i don't watched the whole 40min video to be honest.I just skipped through it.At what time is the stuttering?

10. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    Words from another developer that port an awesome game from xbox360 to ios.
    For me framerate will always be king, and I've taken every measure to ensure that the experience is as smooth as possible.
    Agreed 100%.

11. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    The game still crashes when I try to unlock the fuzzle cage. In this case it's totally unplayable.
    IOS 9
    iPad Air 2

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    Still ocassionally crash on me too on 6s plus but its not too intense after the update. Since the crash is randomly happened, i think it might be the memory management issue. Just hoping that the developer will fix this fast.

13. sam20

sam20 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Downloading now. Going to spend all day with this game. I loved this game on the xbox years ago.

14. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    So, does anybody know how the cloud feature is supposed to work? I am only able to see a "to cloud" button, never a "from cloud", making it totally useless. Can't access that cloud from the same device or other.

Please help, I want to play on my iPad Air (although it crashes more than on iPhone 6)

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #75 Candykiller, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Once you have saved “To Cloud” a blue cloud icon should appear at the top right of your save. Choose that save file and tap “Load Game” and that should be it.

I just tested it between two iPads and it works fine for me. The game loads up at the exact spot where I left off on my other device.

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just another thought - you may have to start a new game on your other device (if you haven't done already) and play through the first section before the cloud save shows up for selection. That's the way the cloud saves worked with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath anyway.

17. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Thank you, it is somehow working now. Perhaps because of last night's update.

Game is perfect now. Dying to have the other ones ported.

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Super Exploding Farts Missle Command

19. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’m coming in real late for this game. I skipped them during their original releases back in the day :p anyways I read through the forum and noticed that everyone says the controls are perfect touch and mfi. So this isn’t the case. As far as I can tell the description says controller support but that’s it. Now, yes it does work well with a controller, IF your controller does not have clickable thumbsticks like say the SteelSeries Nimbus. You can’t cancel out when controlling something remotely, or check your quarma as munch or the splooce as abe. Even when you go to options and controls it shows you all the buttons and what each does it even shows a picture of the nimbus, I’m just saying there’s no warning/ heads up that since my controller doesn’t have clickable thumbsticks there are actions I can’t do. I tried using touch and just died. Cause I don’t care what anyone says these games are not meant for touch and even though the buttons are responsive, movement is awkward and the camera angle isn’t all that great. I’d prefer a fixed camera that stays panned out and slightly off to the right. Maybe you could look around if you’re standing still but it returns to default position when you start moving. Anyways I’m not here about the actual gameplay cause opinions are opinions I just mainly wanted to bring up the point/issue with the controller.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Disagree. I don’t use controllers at all as to me these are mobile games so use the touch pad. Some games aren’t perfect (eg Tomb Raider was difficult to control) but never had a problem with the touch controls for this one.