Universal Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (by Oddworld Inhabitants)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 12, 2015.

1. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    hope -oddworld new n tasty- come out for ios next year.

2. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Same here, I played the first two on PC and loved them. I wish they would be ported to iOS!

3. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    So, I am enjoying the game very much so far, but have had a couple of issues.

On iPad Air, it crashes regularly, not on my iPhone 6 though, so I am now only playing there now.

The other thing is the (i)Cloud saves... you can save you game to the cloud, but you can't download that save on another device. Is this by design? If so, it's rather pointless.

My two cents. Looking forward to hear other's.

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    To quote the developer:"Unity makes that a challenge for our style of porting".

But that means at least they are looking into it ;)

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well before the update I haven't a single crash after hours of playing on my iPad Air latest iOS. After the update is a crash fest everywhere. Cannot stay on the game even for 1 minute, so for now the game is broken for me. Hope it get fixed soon I'm already 5-6 hours in...

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Same issue here. After updating, the game crashes every time I try to save the Fuzzles from their cages.

7. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    For me the crashes are random not on a particular points. Sometimes when the game starts and loading the environment sometimes when start exploring a little bit the level. That's odd because till now I haven't a single one crash. Anyway I have to wait till the next update.

8. triqui

triqui Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Venice, Italy
    Same thing happens both on my ipad and my daughter's one. Really bad.

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, itÂ’s frustrating. The latest update was meant to improve performance and stability, but unfortunately it seems to have broken more than it fixed. The game was working fine before the update.

10. madmonstor

madmonstor Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    You should be able to share cloud saves across devices. Do you have iCloud drive enabled on both? For more help contact [email protected]. Thanks.

11. madmonstor

madmonstor Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Can you tell me which iPad models & iOS version. Thanks.

12. madmonstor

madmonstor Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Can you tell me the device and iOS version with the issue. Thanks.

13. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm on an iPad 3 with the latest version of iOS 9. The game was working fine before, but after the latest update it crashes as soon as I tap to unlock a Fuzzle cage. I've tried rebooting my iPad and all the usual stuff but it still crashes every time I try to unlock a cage.

14. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    For me is iPad Air with latest iOS. Same problem as Candykiller but not in the same spot. Mine crashes when wandering for a while around the environment at random spots.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    After the latest update the only people I hear complaining of crashing seem to be on iPads so is this not effecting phones? Badly want to get this one and love Oddworld but I don't want to buy it and then wait for an update to fix already dealing w that w zodiac.

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Didn't update this as everything was playing fine so there seemed to be no need. I think the touch controls are excellent; 3D platformers do have a place on IOS! Then again, maybe I've just readjusted my brain over the years to make touch controls more natural to me than a controller. I forgot how hilarious and twisted those cutscenes were. I remember showing my mum that first Abe's Odyssey cutscene, fully expecting her to be wowed at gaming's seismic leaps from Mario, only for her to reply, "That's disgusting. I don't think you shoud be playing this.". Some people just don't understand...;)

17. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Don't worry,the dev did a fantastic support job on Oddworld Strangers Wrath as well.There is no doubt they will fix issues ASAP.Go and show them your support as well ;)

18. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Yeah, I remember playing the first one too and being kind of disgusted by the intro cinematic, it was pretty much the first time I was scared by a game, then Silent Hill came out and well, I discovered the real fear that made me realize that gaming was something pretty unique so yeah I remember that cinematic too

19. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I was expecting a smooth experience, but they must improve the framerate, some places like Snoozie Lab (robot) is almost unplayable on the iPad Air 2.

20. triqui

triqui Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Venice, Italy
    iPad3 and iPad Air with the latest iOS, updated yesterday hoping to fix the issue, but it was crashing with the earlier iOS too