Universal Oddwings Escape (by Small Giant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #21 ROGER-NL, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Just got 3 stars on level 17 of the first world in 40.99 seconds, you really need skill to get the later levels on world one, it's not just flapping around.

Level 16 of the first world is the hardest of that world only got one star on that.

I see you have over 400.000 players allready, that's nice.

Just got level16, you need to go up left where the first boost is and follow the boost pad after that.

2. Hi Rudi!

Thanks for the kind words! What happens when you press the watch ad button? Could you describe it to me? Which device are you playing on?

Hi CanPcfstV3g!

Great to hear that you're enjoying the game!

I understand your frustration. We're going to be introducing an in app purchase in the next big update that allows you to increase the maximum amount of wings you can have. Hopefully this will allow you to play longer in one sitting. :)

- Julius // Smal Giant Games

3. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Thanks for the support :)

Looking forward to the next update!

4. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    The production value is off the hook, seriously impressive. The animations, color scheme and BGM is all very well done.

5. Hi ROGER-NL!

Your words mean so much to us! Thank you, kind sir!

We've had an incredible start for Oddwings Escape! Currently out of all iPad App downloads we're #1 in 26 countries, Top 10 reached in 71 countries! It's all thanks to you, the players, for supporting us and playing the game!

- Julius // Small Giant Games

6. This is why I skip 99.9999999% of Freemium games with timers/limited tries. What's the point if you can't practice to improve your score or (in a puzzle game) to keep trying to solve it? Games are about working your way through them and this model just wants you to continuously pay pay pay to do so. I wish everyone would realize this and stop supporting this type of monetization.

7. CanPcfstV3g

Apr 10, 2015
    Managed to complete all challenges on the Tropic Island with 3 stars. Upgraded Freeda's speed, energy a couple of times and extra energy perk twice with the coins/keys i earned while playing the game to get past the hard levels. Did not buy any IAP's btw but i will certainly buy the "extra wings" IAP , once it becomes available on the next update to be able to play this game more and support the devs.

Starting to completely focus on the second island now :)

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    And then what buy an 65 euro Costing PS4 game, not me pal, free to play is fair, if you don't like it then leave it alone, but you gonna miss the best games this way.

9. CanPcfstV3g

Apr 10, 2015
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this earlier but i just spotted a nice little detail :)

You can earn keys by clicking on the bottles, that show up on the ocean :)

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, got 6 keys already that way.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=261644][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261599][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261580][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261647][​IMG][/thread] [thread=255173][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261383][​IMG][/thread]

Oddwings Escape

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 14th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

12. I'll let you know as soon as it's out! :)

Hi Samulaan!

Thanks a lot for your praise! It's so great to hear that you guys are enjoying the game so much! :)

I admire your dedication! Go beat that second island!

Hehe, have some keys. ;)

13. Thanks a lot for the nomination! We're honored to be a part of this! :)

14. Oddwings Escape Update Beta Testing

Hey everyone!

Wanna help us develop Oddwings Escape? Well, now you have the chance to join our beta testing group! The FIRST 100 to sign up will get a sneak peek of the update. Just be ready to test and give feedback! BE QUICK and sign up here: http://www.oddwings.com/beta/

15. CanPcfstV3g

Apr 10, 2015
    #35 CanPcfstV3g, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    Count me in. :)

Edit: Completed all levels on The Mountains with 3 stars aswell. Level 18 seemed really tough at first sight without the purchase of Rocky but with a couple of exploration runs, i managed to come up with a plan that worked and finished the level with Freeda. Ramses should also be able to complete the level with 3 stars , thanks to his teleportation ability.

All eyes on the Arctic now :)

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I also completed and 3 star every mountain level on to artic now, it still is great fun and challenging to play.

17. You've got some serious skills! Wait until you reach Desert ;).

It's great to see you enjoy the game and do so well! :)

18. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    The games great fun. Signed up to the BETA for the next update.

19. Hi triggywiggy!

Awesome! Thanks for playing the game and signing up for the beta! :)

20. AngryBirds5

AngryBirds5 Member

May 24, 2015
    Developer
    Sydney
    graphics look pretty good!