Universal Oddmar (by MobGe & Senri) [TA Game of the Year 2018]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 18, 2018.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Shield powers are triggered when you do a ground smash (swipe down on the right hand side when in the air).

macplash and syntheticvoid like this.
  2. This game supports physical controller. But to me the swipe control on touch screen feels a better experience. The game was made right

syntheticvoid likes this.
  3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh! Right on!
    Thank you for the help.
    =D

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just decided I should finish this game, I never actually did because I was enjoying it so much I tried to play only a little each day as I did with Monument Valley.

But just come back to it and all my secret coins, speed runs and dream coins are all gone too. So I’m going back through earning them again, but it seems like a big mistake to make if an update wiped all of those? As I can’t even see an option to reset my saved game data? As I thought about just starting the whole game again as I can’t remember where I’ve used up the coins I’ve collected?

5. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    For some reason I didn’t stick with this game. I enjoyed Leo’s Fortune much more.

6. Been on my device for a while. Time to try it now. I guess cos I am overwhelmed by new releases

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Maslan266

It does start off simpler and easier than Leo’s fortune but just everything about the game was so enjoyable for me. The graphics, music, story and levels of course. I’ll definitely finish it this time, I can’t believe I never did I just didn’t want to complete it in one night and spread the joy out.

Maybe you should check it out again, see if you feel different.

@Makara Nou I'm sure you won’t regret it

8. Yes I played the first stage before and I liked it a lot. But now should be no more delay

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    After playing Dead Cells again recently this game is a walk in the park so far but still enjoying the experience and story and I’m sure it’ll get harder.

10. The game crashes twice and the sounds randomly hit errors

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    What are you running on? I’m on the iPhone X with latest iOS and haven’t had any issues so far. I just beat the boss of the second world.

12. #132 Makara Nou, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Ip 11 with the latest os. And im on the third world now

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #133 ste86uk, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    The toughest challenge yet has to be that 3-3 speed run.

Edit: the rolling barrel in 3-4 sucked too.

Makara Nou likes this.
  14. Finally I finished it. A bit difficult but well-balanced. Took me almost 3 hrs.The most difficult stage for me is the fifth stage in the fourth world
    [​IMG]

ste86uk likes this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Makara Nou Nice, congrats on finishing it. I’ve just done the first level in zone 4 so not too far off now. I’m glad I come back to the game and it has definitely got harder on some of the levels especially since I don’t go onto the next until I collect everything.

Makara Nou likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #136 ste86uk, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Completed it and got all of the achievements too. It was a really good game and I’m glad I went back to it, even if it is easy for a platformer although does get harder and to beat all the time challenges too and just everything about it is charming.

I do feel like they could have stretched the game out more when elements are introduced and then pretty much only in one level when they could have used them across a few without it getting boring. But then would that have watered down the experience?

For the price I paid all those years ago I feel like I had my monies worth and enjoyed the game. Anyone on iOS remotely interested should play this game, although I’m sure most have by now!

Makara Nou likes this.