Universal Oddmar (by MobGe & Senri) [TA Game of the Year 2018]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I’ve got an iPad air 2, and it runs fine

2. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Awesome! I watched the video of this game on YouTube. If I have a chance, I will try to play this game myself.

3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
  4. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia

Top Game on appstore

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Is this ever coming to Android?

6. PatanSwe

PatanSwe Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Lost all secret coins, dreamworld coins and weapons with the last update. Anyone found a solution?

7. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    So I decided to try Oddmar, mainly due to the the touch arcade goty award and so far I’m a bit disappointed. I finished the first level and it feels like a Rayman Origins/legends rip off with a Viking theme slapped on to it. The feel, the level design, golden triangles are basically lums, sounds etc... I will play some more, but this is definitely not a goty.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    After only a level you already got that impression? Maybe give it a little more time before saying it is goty or not?

9. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I meant first world. The boss is basically obstacle courses from rayman. Oddmar is fine, but I feel like a played a better game like this 7 years ago.

10. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Interesting that it was made by Turkish devs btw, I am Turkish myself.

11. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Everybody knows that fact.

12. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Have you seen any game on mobile that is better?

13. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Any game on mobile that is better? Plenty...

14. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Name at least one platformer as solid as Oddmar. Yeah, it looks like Rayman. What’s more, it looks more Rayman’y than mobile Rayman itself

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It’s more of a Metroidvania, but I like Grimvalor more than Oddmar. I do like Oddmar, though.

If we’re including ports, then there’s a bunch more...

16. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Huh?

17. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    That the game was developed by Turkish

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Finally picked this up during it's $2 sale...
    Just wanted to say that I'm loving it... the controls, graphics, gameplay, level design, enemy models - basically EVERYTHING about this game is SUPER well done!

I was curious - and I'm sorry, I know that this has probably already been answered, but I couldn't find it in the thread - does anyone know what the game is downloading when you first start it up and are on the level select screen? At the bottom of the screen it says 'downloading' - but I have no clue what it's actually downloading....
    =X

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    The same goes for me. I didn’t have any Apple device during 2017/2018, so I missed on a lot of titles and I’m slowly picking ‘em up now. Oddmar was one of those games. Bought it two days ago. On a positive note, I have an opportunity to experience it for the very first time now, instead of most.;)

Totally agree. Everything about this game is great. I read some complaints it’s basically re-skinned Rayman, but I don’t see it. I see the similarities with Leo’s Fortune which is understandable considering it’s the same author. I love the voice acting and cutscenes, story and characters in it. I’m progressing slowly and enjoying every single stage to the fullest. With my slight OCD I have to always three star a level before moving on to next one, so that’s what I’m doing here as well.

I got an issue with controls though. I’m using touch controls, but with default option to keep onscreen controls hidden, my character behaves strangely. When moving forward by holding my finger at the same position after a jump or two Oddmar changes his direction suddenly and going backwards. I have to lift the finger and tap again to change his direction. I didn’t realize it as a problem until the part when I’m chased by the giant boulder. Whenever I jump second or third time during my run, Oddmar turns back. And is hit by the boulder, obviously. Luckily, with onscreen controls ON this issue is gone! The little annoyance is the fact I can’t change the size or position of onscreen buttons and especially right side is quite tiny on my iPad. But I’m getting used to it. I’m just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue as well.

And last but not least, as well as @syntheticvoid I have a question. How do I use shield? I came across shop in first world and I was given a choice to buy either sword or shield. So I bought a shield. I see it equipped, but then I realized I don’t know how to use it. Is it something that comes later in a game? Because there’s no button for a shield on the right side. So I’m confused as I can’t go back and buy sword instead, I don’t have enough coins. I’d be grateful for a clarification on a matter.

syntheticvoid likes this.
  20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^im also curious about the shield.... I should have asked it in my previous post but it slipped my mind....
    =X