Universal Oddmar (by MobGe & Senri) [TA Game of the Year 2018]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #81 Lull4by, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Ok so I just got the developer’s reply.
    DB16B8AF-40E9-47B9-9A9F-BCD582077EDB.jpeg

Basically you just deleted the game, re-install it again and restart the device. The solution is worked, however, if you disrupt the download progress before it finished, you will stuck in there forever, the re-download function doesn’t help at all. According to the developer, it is an Apple server’s problem, but they will try what they can do at their best.

BTW maybe they will show up here in couple of days. :)

2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Thank you for your kind report. I did not have that problem, but it would be helpful to other users with that problem. :D

3. kate6262003

kate6262003 Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Fun

Just got it. Great graphic and story. Lots of details inside the game.

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Read the featured article on the App Store and that was the last straw. I had to buy it. Being a lover of motion graphics and animation, I loved hearing about their design and implementation. Wish there was a cool docuseries on the making of like there was for Crashlands. Anyway, this is a beautiful, fun, and engrossing platformer that I’m glad everyone kept talking about. I never knew I needed Oddmar in my life until the day I met him. Now I don’t want to ever let him go.

5. ozgurtaskincs

ozgurtaskincs New Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Thank you from Oddmar

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for playing Oddmar, I am one of the developers from MobGe team. We give a short break when we release the game, I read many comments in this forum. I am glad to see the very helpful community here.

There are several problems related to additional data download, some players could not download the second level and get some crashes before the first boss. Some players constantly redownload data from servers etc. Here is the general solution to those problems:

We are sorry for your problems. We are trying to fix all the issues for the next update. In the meantime, you can try restarting your device. If that does not solve your issue. You can try deleting and installing Oddmar, your progress will be safe with icloud. If none of those solutions work please reach us again and we can offer you some other ways to make it work via e-mail support.

The problem is iOS deletes data when other applications request more space. around 800MB is a safe empty space for Oddmar. Once you download all levels at once, normally you would not re-download data from servers.

Another solution would be upgrading the latest iOS but it seems above solutions worked for many players already.

Thanks for playing Oddmar.

6. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Thank you for visiting here. You guys did a really cool job!

7. crapple2011

crapple2011 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Superb game, got a Gamevice MFI controller for my iPad Pro now and this is probably the best jump‘n‘run I have played on any platform yet (and I have been playing games since SNES times).
    I really appreciate how well the game is designed, great level design, all the details like the small animations, you really see how much heart and time the developers put into this.
    This is very much worth the full price and I really hope many many people will buy it because this is the kind of game that deserves our full support, instead of all the junk out there with microtransactions.

8. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    It may be desirable to modify the entire download to be available at once without an initial Internet connection. Apart from that, this game is really cool. If you have any other upcoming updates in the future, I'd love to hear them. :D

9. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Great platformer. Graphics, music and level design all top notch. I especially love the variety - each level introduces new elements, which is just incredible.

The only con I have is with the default controls - many times while swiping up to jump, it would translate to a tap and fling the attack as a result. I'm playing on an iPhoneX and iPad Pro 10.5. I switched to virtual controls and those work well for me so I'm good but was a bit frustrated at first. Overall, an easy recommendation for 2D platformer fans!

10. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #90 nyanpass, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    *Oddmar Off Topic
    I wondered if some comments from users about Oddmar are gone, but some seem to have been moved here.
    And it seems that only God knows where the rest go. :eek:
    It would have been nice if the notice was given in advance...:)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=318767

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #91 redribbon, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
    @dev, is somehow oddmar is related to the newest god of war :D since there is
    loki, alfheim and midgard
    in the storyline :D

12. captshcanny

captshcanny Member

Apr 29, 2018
    #92 captshcanny, Apr 30, 2018
    :confused:

Loki is a god and Alfheim/Midgard are two of the nine realms in the scandinavian mythology.

never read about that???

13. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #93 redribbon, Apr 30, 2018
    i do know about that, just a silly talk if there is any connection between both games since both release at the same month. :)

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I couldn‘t take time to read this thread, so i‘m only here to say: What a frogging beautiful and clever platformer this is! And i have absolutly no problems with the controls on my iphone 7.

Congrats my dear Devs and my 5* star review in my swiss app store is given.

PS: of course it is too short as most of my favorite games, and of course *cough* i would love to see 24 new levels in the future. Already as is, it‘s a steal for $5. Thanks!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Jesus frickin' Christ people, spoiler tags when spoiling things! Had I not finished God of War a couple of days ago, I would be MEGA pissed right now.

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Question to the devs: After finishing the game and all the challenges, is there more content coming or can I delete it? Don't get me wrong, loved it and definitely a 5-star game but after completing everything, I don't see much reason to keep it.

17. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    oops sorry MC, didn't realise that i put the name of the character inside my post. truly apologize for that metal man :)

18. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    How could I possibly be mad at someone who calls me metal man? :3 <3

20. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    How does it run on iPad Air? It’s listed in the supported devices but wondering if the frame rate will be smooth on my device.