Universal Odd Bot Out (by Martin Magni)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I need some help for level 67.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    slewis7,

Here is my solution for level 67:

I sequentially and alternately snap the two red blocks onto both blue walls, forming a winding staircase that goes up to the top.

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, y2kmp3! I got it.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    You are welcome. Glad to be of service. Debt to you repaid. :)

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Level 50 took me a cheeky hour. Can't praise it highly enough - level design is stunning.

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me on level 62? Been stuck on it for waaaay too long :)

7. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    After so much praise, I tried this too, going in with high expectations. Too high perhaps because I'm afraid I'm underwhelmed. I'm 20 levels in now, so I will hold off final judgement, but so far on most levels I had a "ok, this was it?" reaction. Some of the levels where you go forward only to discover you need to go back again because you "forgot" some magnets, I found a bit tedious.

Reading the Description GAMEPLAY and FEATURES, I understood that it was like Cosmic Mechanic, in which you can go absolutely nuts contraption-wise and combines it with puzzles and even have some races with your vehicles and compete on leaderboards. Also Juice Belts was on my mind, contraption-puzzle-wise. Both are on my GOTD candidate list (not a typo, Decade. They are that good :cool:).

So it could be that I went in with too high and wrong expectations. As said earlier, I'll play some more, tomorrow, and try to judge Odd Bot Out on its own merits. Independent of this, I always like to see Game Center in a game, minimally achievements and preferably some leaderboard. It adds additional challenge and replay value to a game imo (and it helps to assess popularity, provides game analytics information and market a game automatically too).

8. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #68 RenTin850, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Reading the Description GAMEPLAY and FEATURES, I understood that it was like Cosmic Mechanic, in which you can go absolutely nuts contraption-wise and combines it with puzzles and even have some races with your vehicles and compete on leaderboards. Also Juice Belts was on my mind, contraption-puzzle-wise. Both are on my GOTD candidate list (not a typo, Decade. They are that good :cool:).

Love games like these. Never heard of Cosmetic Mechanic til you brought it up and was excited for it unfortunately it's only for iPad. If you really want in depth gizmos and gadgets I recommend Principia (Same dev that made Apparatus for android) . I just hope the developer updates And fixes a few things sometime soon. And if you have a iPad, I enjoyed Algodoo. Loved playing around with that when I had a iPad.

9. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    I really love this game! The puzzle element isn't too difficult for us older gamers, but it isn't a walk in the park either. I especially love the levels where you assemble a mechanical device to aid in getting through the area. Great job developers!!!

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm through the first 20-odd levels, and this game does one of the best jobs of slowly introducing mechanics in an organic way without ever saying a word that I have ever seen. And the system of machine components that has been created here in incredible...like Little Big Planet levels of incredible. No, not kidding.

11. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    I love this game. Best of all is the funny way the little guy's legs move, so alive, so adorable. Great puzzles too. Brilliant!

12. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Can someone give me a hint for level 51?

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
  14. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Yes! I got to the top!

Thanks. It seems so obvious now, but I was struggling with level 51. You saved my sanity!

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    No problem. Glad to be of service. :)

16. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Don't know why I haven't picked this up before but just noticed a sale so grabbed it now.

17. EvenBotIn

EvenBotIn New Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I need help. The walk through for 51 makes no sense to me. Can anyone make a clearer one?

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just finished level 62, it's one of the better ones, great fun.

19. EvenBotIn

EvenBotIn New Member

Feb 10, 2015
    50 and 68 are too fun

20. EvenBotIn

EvenBotIn New Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Woo!

I beat the game! The little section where you make your own thing was fun. I made a car with the leg blocks. It fell apart! Make a mode where you make your own thing like that, but you can stay as much as you want!