Universal Odd Bot Out (by Martin Magni)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #41 RenTin850, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    So looking on the dev website there is a connection with the developer on Blocksworld which is one of my favorite creative game. Sadly it's only for iPad which I hope will be for iPhones too. I'll be picking this up though. With a sandbox mode to create whatever you want would be awesome too.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    IOS games amaze me every time again and again, this game is an example of that, it's great fun, everybody should play this.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #43 y2kmp3, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Finished game (all 100 levels).

Enjoyed it very much. Great ambiance, charm, and personalities.

Well modeled physics, especially important in many of the later puzzles that leverage momentum (both linear and angular).

Very focused puzzle design. 1 Level = 1 Challenge (only 2 Challenges rarely).

Though many of the levels are on the easy side, the game aims for a board appeal and is a perfect introduction for casual puzzle gamers.

Even so, a few levels are quite clever. Levels 51, 70, 89, and 97 are my favorites (Level 97 is cute...).

Martin, there is a shortcut solution for Level 96 that requires only ONE of the TWO 2x2 blocks. Are you aware of this? This is the only level for which I found a solution that did not use all of the pieces given to the player.

Final impression: Absolute recommendation for puzzle fans.

PS: In the final level, would be great if there is a "secret" at the top of the tower. Spent a lot of time building a massive "unbreakable" and "almost unflippable" rocket to get to the top thinking there is an Easter Egg. And then there was nothing. :(

PPS: Completed Level 84 without sacrificing the cart. :)

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    bought I saw this on pocket gamer it's amazing. don't want to spoil to much but this is a gem. also while Im on the subject of gems, there is also a game coming out soon about the alphabet that you touch and it changes to different stuff with the letter if that make sense, does anyone know what that game was?

5. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Metamorphabet

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    It's like Machinarium + Threes

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #47 vectorarchitekt, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Of all the colors of the bot on the icon it had to be purple?

It does seem that the levels will go quick. I hope the dev is successful so he will make more or some kind of procedural mode

8. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What a cool gem! I love the character animations and the puzzles are quite enjoyable.

9. Thanks for the kind words :D

I wasn't, but I figured it out. Nice find!

Noted!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Martin's here?!!? Dude, welcome to TA! :D

11. Thanks!! And thanks for reaching out to me via Twitter :)

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I was stuck on this for a bit too. The first tip will get you started and the second one will give the solution:

Use the pit area

Place the rocket part, jet down, in the pit and button piece, button up, on top. Step on the button and your bot will go up. If you step a bit to the right side you will move a bit right and be propelled to the "unreachable" platform.

13. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    The farther I get in this game the more I love it. I can't reccomend it enough. It's a brilliant game! So well done & very unique. The puzzles are a blast & the bot is hilarious. Martin this is so well thought out & a masterpiece. Amazing job. What iOS games should be.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    You are welcome! I am glad that you are able to verify my alternative solution for Level 96.

15. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I love the derpy little feet

16. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    My 5-going-on-6 year old is loving this game. Think she is up to level 20... She loves puzzle games and robots and I knew the easy playstyle would be nice for her.

Thanks for a fantastic game,

17. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't know like this game better: me or my 8yo nephew.

18. I'm happy to hear these children like it too!! It's not designed to be a children's game, but somehow everything I do becomes a bit childish ;)

19. drlemon

drlemon Member

Jul 12, 2010
    If this had a sandbox building mode it would probably make it guaranteed GOTY for me. Heck, it already is seriously in the running.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh, no kidding. It's crazy how early we are in the year and you've got games like Odd Bot Out and Dark Echo that will be remembered by the end of it. Guaranteed.