Universal Octagon 1 (by Lukas Korba)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. I think they aren't as responsive as all tap controls. I tried playing swipe, but just seems like more delay, but anyway the dev said he would try to add an all tap option like boson x, so looking forward to it.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I use swipes too. I actually hate it when i attempt to swipe and the octagon rolls to the side on the initial tap.

My suggestion is to SEPARATE the swipe controls from the tap controls. Nonetheless, great game, but could still be better.

3. Yeah, I agree, it would be better just to have two fully different options in a settings menu.

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Really addicted, challenged and cant stop playing!

5. Lukas Korba

Lukas Korba Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Promo codes

Guys, thanks for such an amazing feedback to Octagon! I have just submitted a new version with tap controls (you can switch to tap or leave swipe controls), Twitter integration, fixed crashes caused by Game Center and iCloud. I just hope Apple will approve my expedited review request so you can download the update soon.

Here are 5 promo codes for those of you who are fast enough. Please post here for other thread visitors which code you've used. Thanks!

AWFWPAHRPKY9
    6WNHR7JNP6W6
    3LE7K7JLJMFX
    RL4NMNH9ERY4
    679JKYXYFFPR

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    @Lukas... will the taps be removed if i choose the swipe controls? I'd really like that

7. Hey, thanks so much for adding all tap controls!

You da man! :)

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #108 TheFrost, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Oh thanks! Didn't have any issues with controls before but the more options the better :)

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Busy day for me yesterday, I got all the way from level 6 (stuck on that for four days) up to level 17, glad to see the option for tap controls will be added, I died at 98 per cent on one level because my swipe registered as a tap, almost threw myself out of the window, never mind the ipad lol.

10. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks! I used promo code 679JKYXYFFPR.

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hi, have passed on 6WNHR7JNP6W6 for my sister in law, many thanks.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    AWFWPAHRPKY9 used.
    Thanks! Didn't expect any codes to be up still. Be back with some impressions in a bit.

13. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    All of the codes have been used, thanks anyway. The game reminds me of something... But I can't remember what.

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Boson x?

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Tap controls update is out! I'm pleasantly surprised by how good they feel

16. I'm liking the new tap controls, but the area for going left and right are a bit too small for my liking

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah and sometimes tapping the center feels like I'm playing Twister haha.. I'm still really liking them though

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I die a lot more with tap controls than before, like you say, the sensitivity area is too small for left/right and too big for jumping. With swipes deaths were my own fault.

19. I'm kinda finding it hard to go towards the middle to jump, would prefer maybe something like the bottom 1/4 of the screen for left right, and higher locations for jump. Ultimately, a moveable zone for jump would be nice.

Is double tap (both left side and right side at the same time for jumping) too hard to implement?

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    That would the best way to control this type of game. Lukas, please add it to your gem.