Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Are you going to create an Apple TV version of Oceanhorn?

2. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    @oldsnake:i just checked it on my 5s and it's running there in 60fps as well.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Thanks,this Makes Me Feel lot Better 

4. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hello all! never picked up this game because was pretty sure my old phone wouldn't run it well, plus not enough space :/ but just upgraded to 6s! I think I'm gonna pick this up, but can anyone tell me how long this game will take to 100% for a casual gamer?

5. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1945 oldsnake, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    If You want Play,Like i Do,Look My Screenshot One Page back,at 100%,Meaning Complete All The Story,every Island 100%,all The Challenges,and The espansion,collecting all,It's a Lot of Time For Sure,pick This Up without even Thinking.Then The Support The Developers put on The Game it's quiet Amazing.

6. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I hadn't played this for a while and reinstalled recently. Man, the visuals are great on my Air 2. The controls, however, still feel a bit off to me. Sadly (for this game) I am also playing a Link Between Worlds on my 3DS right now and this one simply can't compete. I will say that if you are a Zelda fan who doesn't carry a 3DS around like I do this is probably a must buy. Even given the controls it is a steal at this price.

7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #1947 Pony, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    This game is both beautiful and ugly.
    Not visually, but gameplay wise. Some of the gameplay elements such as fetch quests are so out of this world I would never have worked it out without a guide.
    Hermit's fetch quest comes to mind.
    But what really has ticked me off is the Mesmiroth boss fight. Twice I've tried to defeat him and twice his life bar was empty and he doesn't die. The game gets stuck in a loop were he just throws fireballs I keep reflecting and that's it.
    Side note: to my deepest regrets I didn't get the new sword. And once you're on Sky Island you cannot go back anymore to fetch it, speaking of frustrating.
    Help guys! How on earth am I going to finish the game!? :(

EDIT: Via Google it became obvious I wasn't the only one with this issue. A tip was to shoot an arrow through the fire to finish him off. However, as I commenced my third (fourth?) attempt he did actually die as intended by simply emptying his life bar using my sword... I don't even... :/

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1948 oldsnake, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    It's Suppose that You first Find
    The CORAL SABER(The New Sword) and then Face Shadow Mesmeroth.It's so easy To Defeat,i Defeat Him at first try without losing health.at Beginning throw an Arrow to The candlestick(don't know It's name) then You Need only to use You're "SHIELD OF CRONOS"The Ball Fire that it Launch at You Hit Him by Turning to Him,When You're SHIELD stamina ends,Run away until it's Completely recharge,then repeat.When You hit Him,3 Fire Balls appear,Two Are fake,One it's Him,slash them all with SWORD.When he Takes lot of Damage he activate those gadgets metal that Fire at You,You Need to be Fast to Change to Trencher Boots and hit them with The Sword,then You finish Him.If You have problem going in an infinite loop where his Life Bar is empty but don't die,Equip The Bow and use Arrows,but if You use My tips,Using Only The SHIELD OF CRONOS in The Battle,it doesn't Happen That Strange Loop. If You Need Help in Future or Simple Want To Find all And Complete The Game 100% Ask me since there a Bug in The Espansion Pack that Some Users Remains in Stuck at 96% Completion But There A Way to Avoid it.This Happen only in Island of Whispers,The Final Island post End Game.

9. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

So does it still work ok on the ipad air?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It does.

11. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    This games is awesome. Already 15 hours in and can't put it down.

12. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I've tried getting into it... But after 15 mins I get bored.

It's like Zelda in its rpgishness correct? In that you get an additional heart for extra life. Acquire bombs to blow stuff up, then bow and arrows to flip switches on the other side of a lava pit...

No loot to speak of? Like swords that do fire, disease based damage? Stat mod armor?

Spells?

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Have you played classic zelda?

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1954 oldsnake, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Swords That do Fire? Check
    Spells? Check
    Disease Based Damage? Check
    Don't Give Up With This Game.

15. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    How many hours to complete the game?

16. appalachia

appalachia New Member

Sep 25, 2015
    #1956 appalachia, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    delete comment

17. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    The new controls suck.

18. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Lost save games

I put this game back on my iPad to play some more. Hasn't been on for awhile. But my iCloud save games are gone. Was about 3/4 way through have no desire to start again.

19. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'm still on 2.6, what are the new controls like? Should I not update?

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I know this is kinda old now, but... this is coming to Xbox One and PS4 Sept. 7.