Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No,it's Correct,Double Tap To Travel.The Game use Checkpoints in various island,Are Machines that needs to activated simple by stay near,try shutdown the game(it will restart from last checkpoint) or it's a iOS 9 Or new Device bug.If By Close the App then Restart and on map Don't let you travel by tap an island two times it's a Bug.Or Maybe cause you are at beginning and you need to discovered first an island.

2. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    I've done all that. What worked is tapping repeatedly. I'd call it a dozen-tap as opposed to a double tap. Definitely a bug then.

3. Styrixa

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    #1923 Styrixa, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Has anyone else had this bug? Sometimes I have to tap 100 times. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It still registers my taps on the minimap and menu, and also lets me tap the boat and draw a coarse, but won't let me "tap again" to begin the journey.

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just updated the game and it runs beautifully on my iPhone 6. However, on my daughter's iPad Air, there are a TON of fps slowdowns which were not present on the previous version. Any fix to this or anyway to adjust/decrease the graphics?

5. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    What Update? 2.5 Graphical Update For IPhone 6,6 Plus and IPad Air 2? Same here,Better Graphics,crisp enviroment,and Run smooth on My IPhone 6 Plus,The Problem here it's Basically The Updates,While FDG are awesome cause they take care of new devices,they decrease The Framerate on Other devices.The Story of OCEANHORN Updates Say All:When iPhone 5s was out,an Update For Run it a 60Fps was done,then another For The iPad mini 2,then For The iPad Air,then this Graphic Update,with 4x Poligonal Model,Ambient Occlusion,better Lights,60Fps,But The Bad Thing it's that every time there an Update For newer devices,with 60Fps on it,they decrease The Fps on Other devices just For say:Hey,Did You see how Powerful Are The new Device? Don't get me Wrong,but if You Update a Game to Run on IPhone 6,6 Plus,IPad Air 2 at 60Fps with better grapchic,at last let's The previous devices Like Before:iPad Air now Run at 60fps,iPhone 5s The same,or at this Point it's better don't Update.

6. Styrixa

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    I submitted a bug report about the map problem and here is the reply. Just tap "very softly" which DOES work for me. # They're working on a bug fix update. Yeah good customer support!

"You wrote us that you are having issues with the travel scene. Unfortunately Oceanhorn has some problems with the 3D-Touch sensitivity. This problem has already been forwarded to the development team and is hopefully going to be fixed soon.

"Meanwhile, try to tap "very softly" on the screen of your iPhone 6S when you travel by boat. This will work. Sorry again for the inconvenience, we hope that you can wait for us to fix this."

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy CRAP what the hell is wrong with the camera/joystick controls during the Evil Overgrowth fight...

Ready to throw my phone...

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1928 oldsnake, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    What's The Evil Overgrowth? Wait When You Had To catch a Ghostfish,Be Prepared,Cause Spoiler:
    with this Hard Fish the controls are inverted

9. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1929 oldsnake, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Here We Go.
    **MAJOR V2.6 UPDATE**

- iOS 9 Ultra Quality graphics update for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Mini 4, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro
    - Screen flip now unlocked on iPhone 6 Plus.
    - iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus: Worldmap bug fixed.
    - Improved Shadow Quality on iPhone 6s
    - Some enemies tweaked
    - Improved controls.

Question,I Update Or Not? Last update Was Version 2.5 Ultra Quality Grapchic Update for IPhone 6,6 Plus,And IPad Air 2,Running at 60Fps,now,with this Update,they Decrease The Fps on this devices,like The Same was Happen to The IPad Air before,and 5s. Oh Hell No!

10. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

I would hope with Metal, all 64-bit devices would keep parity in terms of 60 FPS frame rate, and not get any of the graphic enhancements the newer devices are getting. This is a bit foreboding if true.

That being said, this is the update I was waiting for. When I got my iPod Touch 6th Generation, this is one of the games that I would be mostly playing it on. When I started playing it, it looked and ran no differently than on my iPad 4. That put me off from playing it on my new iPod Touch. With this new update, not only does it run at 60 FPS on the iPod Touch 6th Generation, but it also gets the Ultra Quality Graphic enhancements that the big boys get. To add a nice cherry to that sundae, they added MFI map control to the world map, so the game can be played entirely with a controller. Overall, I can say I am really impressed with this update.

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

I'm running it on a brand new iPad Air2 iOS 9.02. I'm experiencing quite a lot framedrops. It runs 60 fps most of the time, but I feel like the fps drops to 20 sometimes.

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It Run Smooth At 60Fps on my IPhone 6 Plus,and I Play the Game More Than One Month,completed at 100% both All Islands And The Game,No Framerate Drops At All,But I haven't Update to this Version.

13. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Can you check what happens when you turn off iCloud in the title screen ? Does it run better ?

14. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I'm currently on the first iPad Air, with iOS 8.4.1; should I hold off on updating?

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    iCloud was off already, but I think the recording hardware was the problem. The game runs great now.

16. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Ok thanks for the clarification.

17. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This new ultra graphics update makes an already beautiful game even MORE epic!

Jaggies<Update

Life is good!! #

Attached Files:

18. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    &#63743;
    I need to start playing this again.

19. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    i never finished it but i played a bit yesterday on my air 2....i don't know if the update improved something there as well but i was again blown away.Looks simply breathtaking,wow.

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Future777,I Consider Oceanhorn The Best Adventure Game In The App Store.I Loved Everything on It,The Story,The Music,the Gameplay,and I Can Say Without Any Doubt That I will Pay 20€ for It,Cause It's Worth every Penny,A True AAA Premium Game Experience,I Play This Game For a Long Time As You Can See From The Screenshot.You,as developers are continuing to Support the game beyond Every Expectation,It's Awesome! update after update,taking care every year of new Devices.
    If Possible,I've a Question,I've Enjoy A Lot The Enhanced Update V.2.5,The Grapchic Update For the IPhone 6,6 Plus,and IPad Air 2,like Other Costumers Enjoy previous Updates For They're Devices,Now You Update The Game For the 6s,6s Plus,and other devices,what I want know,By Updating The Game,I Find the Game Decrease in Fps or it's All like Before? It's Confusing Cause Lot Of Users Mention previously Updates For They're Devices like IPhone 5s,iPad Mini 2,IPad Air Running on 60Fps,but after others Updates for Newer Devices don't Run The Same Way Like Before.Thanks.

Attached Files: