Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's sound like a bug,I've lot of game that on iPhone 6 plus after an update for iOS 8 can be played only with home button on the left,myself prefer home button on the right,I play like you,but you had a black screen when you try to rotate?

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    On my iphone6 I can play either way around

3. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

The orientation lock is iPhone 6 Plus only and temporary. We'll enable it in a later update again.

For the time being in our performance tests with iOS 8.1 we had interesting results: The performance on iPhone 6 Plus was better with Home Button on the left side. We don't know why but rest assured we'll always work on giving you the best and smoothest experience.

4. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #1844 Freeway82, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    So the iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air are already obsolete.

The iPhone 6/plus have the same Ram as these devices but still got the update. So what is the excuse?

Ridiculous.

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

Sorry, what? The Update also runs better on iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air with iOS 8. It's just that the new graphics settings only come to effect on the new devices with more horespower.

6. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    The simple reason: Ultra Quality graphics update is all about raw processing power and unfortunately these features does not run on iPad Air or iPad Mini Retina - believe us, we tried. I own iPad Mini Retina myself.

Oceanhorn 2.5 update still has a lot of other improvements and fixes that other device owners will enjoy.

7. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Good.

But if these devices are running the exact same specs as the iPhone 6/plus, then what could those limitations be?

We have had Metal updates on these devices with ultra graphics too and they all run great.

I mean they are tablets and not phones. It's quite baffling honestly.

8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Doesn't the ip6/+ have more powerful cpu and gfx processors though, than what the iPad Air ect.. Has?

9. Future777

Patreon Studio

Oceanhorn Screenshot and Fan Art Competition

[​IMG]

Oceanhorn 2.5 has just been released, with Ultra Graphics for iPhone 6/+ and iPad Air 2 - just in time for some celebration!

Celebrate the 1st anniversary of Oceanhorn with us and take part in an awesome competition! Brand new iPad Air 2 can be yours, just follow these steps and participate!

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈ How to Participate ◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

1 ) Take a beautiful SCREENSHOT of our game or do some awesome FAN ART
    2 ) Tweet your image with #oceanhorn before 10th of January 2015 to participate

The development team will look for all the #oceanhorn tweets and handpick the best entry. Winner gets a new iPad Air 2!

- You guessed it. It runs Oceanhorn on Ultra Graphics!

Couple of tips for your screenshot hunting! Your screenshots will better stand out, if you take them from places rarely seen in Oceanhorn screenshots. You can also pick up objects and place them around for better compositions. If you climb higher, camera shows more of the landscape. It doesn't have to be all artistic though, if you manage to take a screenshot of a rare event in the game it might work for your benefit! - To take a screenshot on your iOS device, press lock- and home-button simultaneously.

For artists out there, we judges here love colors, so colored artwork will immediately have better impact than quick doodles. All kinds of fan art is appreciated, but why don't you try to capture some of the most memorable moments from Oceanhorn! Screenshots might be easier to take, but fan art has unlimited possibilities to win this competition!

Only one will win the iPad Air 2, but we will feature the best of screenshots and fan art in our blog with comments from the development team.

Unleash your creativity and impress us!

Visit the blog:
    Oceanhorn Blog, Competition Page

10. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    The iPhone 5s graphics seem better like more polygons added on the barrels and is it me or the lighting and shadows look a little bit better? It also runs smoother than before

11. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

YES!!!! Im not bragging but im great at drawing. Do I have to draw our hero from the game or can I make up his pose and stuff? Cause I want to draw him fighting a dragon :)

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

@Hambo12: Sounds cool, you can draw whatever you like. It just needs to be Oceanhorn related (hero, world, characters, whatever ;))

@Mhunt: Yes, that's our holiday surprise, we also optimized 5s graphics :D

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Great thanks! :) I'll do my best. Btw, how many ipad airs are there? :3

14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Ugh. I'm at the mall. Can't wait to get home and see what it looks like on my iPad air 2!

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    just to be clear, is it optimized for 64bit A7 devices (including iPad mini with retina) or iphone 5s only because of its lower resolution?

16. Future777

Patreon Studio

iPhone 5s only because of its lower resolution, you guessed right.

17. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    yeah, looks like I'm good at guessing .. I guess ;)
    thank you for your fast response, I appreciate it

18. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I've patiently been waiting for this update to pull the trigger. Unfortunately, I just came down with a terrible cold so I need to wait a few days to mend. #

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo I just got an air 2 and when I got this game I barely played it as I got distracted by another game so may have to redownload it and give it a go.

20. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I second this! It just doesn't seem right playing a game when you're always used to playing it rotated with the home button on the right side.
    I know it's probably not on your top priority of things to do as you have already done a lot with the great updates, but I'll be so happy if you add it in your next update. Thanks in advance!