Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Well played sir

Achievement unlocked: comment of the day

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Dear developers,

Please could you make sure it's always really obvious what to do next and there are no hard puzzles or anything? I don't like to think or explore.

Maybe you could make movement and attacking and everything all automatic so I just tap my screen every so often and then the next thing happens?

Thanks.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The Room 2!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congratulations. You almost had me wanting to smack you upside the head. Well played sir, well played.

Oh, and of course...The Room 2!

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Mate, you got problems

:p

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Super Meat Boy Mobile
    Super Feed Me (?)
    The new game from Ustwo, cant remember the name...
    Riot Runners (maybe)
    Adventure Time

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Excuse me? Did it ever say I wanted the game to be easy? Did I not, in fact, say I didn't want hand holding (especially for puzzles)? Was it not clear that I was addressing the question coming from the way a lot of mobile gamers play (ie. in short bursts?). I'm a hardcore gamer but that doesn't mean I don't get lost because I just didn't remember what I was last doing.

Some people just get off on having to criticize every question on this forum
    - whether it's justified or not. Even if I meant it as you sarcastically made it sound, it doesn't make it wrong for someone to ask. It's called a "forum". A place where we share our opinions and learn about games and what to expect.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    After playing EPOCH.2, Tilt To Live 2 and Oceanhorn, I confirm this as my personal BEST iOS RELEASE DAY EVER. That said, i still havent fired up Stealth Inc, and am halfway through the Lone Wolf download.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not shur if srs. o_O

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    A few hours to go for me yet but in the future I still have hearthstone to look forward to and Boom Beach being fully released.

I'm visiting inlaws with my time off work...so I will probably complete Oceanhorn tomorrow!

11. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Out in Aus. Downloading now :)

12. Yeah, I am not too sure what is the best game yet, but it is a huge week, that is for sure.

This game does have some awesome polish, very well made.

13. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    On first load, I put on my earphones , laid back and took it all in. EPIC soundtrack. Hail Uematsu/Ito/Ylitalo!

14. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Awesome!! Have fun!!! :)

Where's the "LIKE" button in this forum? LIKE! :)

15. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    lolol

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Lol. The iPod touch 5th gen has the same chip set as the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, that hardware was out in early 2011. So, no, there isn't any retroactively targeting "new" hardware. Besides, they're simply working with the reality that the 4G touch was a deliberately hamstrung turd when it was "new". I ditched my 4G touch the day I could get the 5G touch. The 4G touch became my, then 4 y.o., son's toy, and he realized it was POS at 4 :D. We just upgraded him to a 5G touch for his birthday this month because, yeah, the 4G touch sucks. It wasn't all that in 2010 when it was "new", it was definitely starting to suck in 2011, and by the beginning of 2012 I had a true love-hate relationship with it. If you're still clinging to one in 2013, it's time to loosen the grip.

17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Well, at least we know what to expect from you almost every time you post.

Seriously, must you always be an an insufferable jerk?

Looking at the comments made by the devs, thankfully there are processes in order to ensure that we can't get completely lost. The fact that more games don't have logs is beyond irritating. I can't count how many games I've come back to completely lost because I don't remember where I've been or what I've done. Too many times I've had to start over or cheat using guides.

Agreed. Maybe we should create a group ala the anti privacy club. We could call it "Hey, don't be an ass". I know right off the bat quite a few who wouldn't be invited (hint: his name starts with a title and ends with "ez"). Of course, that insufferable jerk Metalcasket can't join... With his "look, I'm playing what will likely be the best iOS game EVER right now, it's awesome!!!" Attitude ;). :cool::cool::p:p:p:p

Did I already say amen, because AMEN TO THIS. That's a bit worrying regarding D&D, but I'm glad to know before I start! ;)

Games developed for the PS4 and Xbox One were developed in the heyday of the current generation, but you can't expect people to get the newest and the best to run on old hardware. Just because something was started during the iPad 2 era doesn't mean that it will run smoothly. And regardless, the Dev below confirmed that it is possible.

I don't understand this constant complaining about new games not stretching back to ancient hardware. The iPod 4 is a LESS powerful device than the iPhone 4 AND the iPad 2. Choosing an iPod means that you are picking a device that is significantly weaker than even the current gen iPhone/iPad. I know all people don't have the money to do the yearly upgrades, but you can't expect developers to cater to old hardware and sacrifice the ability to create stunning games for newer hardware.

Yeah, there is a real lack of ram on the iPod 4, it would be so much nicer if Apple started bumping up the specs of the iPod touches.

Question, and this may have been answered but I haven't seen it:

How are the controls? With the combat and such, is it decently easy to control, or am I going to get cramps while playing?

I'd heard that controller support was a possibility? Is that still true? Is there at least icade support?

Looking forward to this one, and I'm glad I missed its history, I can't imagine having to wait almost 3 years for this baby! ;)

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #138 awp69, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    ^^ Thanks for the support andsoitgoes. I was starting to think I was alone on a sinking ship. ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about D&D. It seems pretty straightforward. It actually gave me some hints but I think I must have hit a glitch where it triggered the next set of events because none of the NPCs seemed to be saying what they were supposed to say. That said I haven't gotten back to that part to figure out what may have happened.

Back on topic... 5 and a half hours before I can finally dive into Oceanhorn (and too many other releases tonight!).

19. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    This really is a lovely experience. Got a big Banjo and Kazooie vibe going on right now :)

20. Awesome game. This pretty much plays like a console game in terms of polish with a Nintendo like flair. And great music too.

I like it.