Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    "...and 1-2 because I missed a character to talk to and ran around every area again..."

This concerns me. Does this mean that certain characters must be spoken to in order to advance the story (not a problem) AND it is possible to enter and leave an area and miss them (potential nightmare)?

I don't play this type of game often. I just finished Pokemon X and I liked the hand holding. You can't really leave an area without a character stopping you and directing you to the key story interaction in the town. I don't want to miss something essential and have to backtrack for hours in hope of stumbling across what I missed.

2. Well, the waiting is finally over, the release date is finally here!

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Lol, that's old school stuff... I approve

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Good question. That's something an idiot like me would do -- miss something and end up forever lost. That's why I'm always a little cautious with games with lots of exploration on iOS where I tend to play in short sessions.

I had to restart Doom & Destiny because I somehow missed something and that's not even a game that requires a lot of exploring :( .

Certainly don't want hand-holding. But some direction or "hey dumba**, you still have something to do before leaving this area" is nice.

Yep, I love RPG and adventure games but with work and kids, the time passes by and I can end up doing some stupid things!

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I can't wait to throw pots

6. Binny1223

Binny1223 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Concord NC
    ICloud Support?

Is there any word yet as to Icloud support for save files on multiple devices?

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Downloading...

8. Fybre0ptix

Fybre0ptix New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I'm the odd one out for calling Link "Link" not "LINK", aren't I?

A+

An example is in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire you can't advance the story past Slateport City until you've done what you need to do because Team Aqua/Magma is blocking the road to the north until you do.

Or at least make the reason you can't advance a part of the story, for example finding the sail in Wind Waker so you can leave Windfall Island. It also promotes you exploring the Island so you find other things easily missed, like pieces of heart, while you're there.

Though I don't know what the extent of the handholding is in X and Y the other guy was talking about because I haven't played them.

9. Wow, the music and polish in this game is just amazing. Really nice.

10. jdrake66

jdrake66 Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Did you download from the Japanese store? I can't because the App Store says I can't change stores until I spend all of my store balance.

11. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    The game is awesome. I just wish I could play it with mfi controller.

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    In my case, it was just me being silly. I had got to a new hub with lots of npcs, but had opened up other areas at the same time. I wandered around the hub, but missed talking to one NPC that triggered a cutscene which moved along the story.

So it's not that far fetched that others may miss him too, but he's not particularly out of the way or anything. I went off exploring the area and thought I had already talked to him, and walked right by. The other new areas were part of the reason I got lost, I figured they were where the action was.

13. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Personally I think it's BS that it requires such new devices!

14. PresidentZer0

Dec 7, 2012
    Just go the bombs and I don't know what to do now

15. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Why?

16. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    So you think its BS that the first iPhone can't handle iOS7? If the hardware can't handle the software why bother waste time on it

17. I don't understand the pot throwing yet. Everytime I throw a pot, it throws high. Gotta figure out how to use pot.

18. PresidentZer0

Dec 7, 2012
    I got the bombs and I am in that house with th collapse sign. Don't know what to do

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Took you a while to think of that one, didn't it? :p

20. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    "Recommended Hardware:
    -------------------------------
    iPod touch 5th gen"

The game was in development a year before the 5th gen even came out. So what was it developed for originally and why can't they just stick with that?