Oceanhorn by FDG Entertainment $8.99 -> $4,99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sink_or_swim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Also correct.
    A sale does not fall under the guidelines for a refund.
    But you never know, depends on the leeway the support agent that deals with it employs.
    I still can't recommend trying it though.
    It will damage ones potential of getting a refund in a valid circumstance as all these cases do get recorded.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #22 coolpepper43, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Hey that's rude. I can understand if there was a price drop after a day of buying it but a price drop within a few hours really stings. I was only asking if there was a way to get the difference back. I don't want all the money back obviously. Since, there is not a way, I'm fine with that.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It's pretty much Phantom Hourglass.

4. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Is anyone else getting an "the item you requested is not currently available in the US store" message? Odd...

5. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    The process is 100% automated, no human ever touches refund requests any more. I'm sure there is some point your account might get flagged but after all the successful suits against Apple and Google for purchases they aren't fighting over pocket change.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry but it's not 100% automated. This I know for a fact.
    There is the automated site of course but any other option does involve a person.
    And no, they won't fight over pocket change but yes there is a point where accounts get flagged.

7. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Guys, is it that hard to support a developer, especially when they make great games like these? It's probably the price of half a big mac that you're complaining about for gods sake.

8. wingsofdestiny89

wingsofdestiny89 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2012
    SG
    Just in case there's someone with an argument of "not everyone is as fortunate as you", you're right. But one fact is that you're holding a thousand-dollar equipment in your hand but couldn't spend 1% of that amount to support a legit developers who don't suck your money out of your wallet with harsh IAPs. The only thing worth refunding is the amount of cash you throw at Candy Crush Saga's IAP (or the new sequel, whatever that name is).

Support these guys to keep them going!

<end-of-rant>

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I cant see how this would work. If theres suddenly a new rule saying 'if someone buys it 2 hours before a sale they should get the difference' then people will moan about 'i bought this 2 and a half hours ago, i'm 30 minutes out from getting some money back, surely that isnt fair...' and so on.

Its like anything you buy, theres a chance that a day or two later that TV or laptop will go on sale.

The game is WELL worth the money, i wouldnt be too upset by a few dollars. I mean what next ? Waiting a day for a sandwich to be cheaper as the shop need to sell it on that final day before the 'best before' date is reached ?

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Does anyone know what the new install size is after the graphics overhaul?

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Why would you use ANYTHING except the automated site? Because you like your refunds to take longer? Because you want to risk an overzealous employee locking you out of your account for a week (this actually happened to me a few years ago over an accidental purchase - moron thought my account had been hijacked for NO reason and locked it down until I, the guy reporting it as an accidental purchase, went through their identity verification process)?

This notion you have to worry about what a person thinks is, at best, a self inflicted wound because you aren't bright enough to realize that you can get anything purchased within the last 90 days in under 5 minutes since they created the reportaproblem website.

It's there, use it. If they are revoking ownership now for refunds, you'd have to be doubly stupid to go through any other system. There is no risk, it's automated, and takes under 5 minutes to get your money back.

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    342 MB installed.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Look man, I'm not argue the point with you. Particularly when you choose to get derogatory and insulting. At least try and for once structure you're point without insulting people you don't agree with.

I can know what I said to be true because I've been in Apple's European HQ more than enough times this year to actually have seen, know and qualified how the system works.

You can choose to believe whatever unqualified story you've heard or assumption you've made based on a small part of the picture but sometimes other people do actually have qualified knowledge of it.
    You really are the type of reason why those with the experience rarely bother choosing to share it with those that might benefit. Well done on making forums a less useful place.

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I don't feel like this was worth $5.... Maybe $2.

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think that one of the reasons for refund is "bought by mistake". That being said, if they refund you the price and you turn around and buy it again I am not sure what happens then..

I have bought many games that have dropped in price (not within 2 hours), but the next day or so (actually I purchased Ocean Horn last week) and just chalk it up to "I am never going to buy a game at full price" rant that I play in my head, then after I cool down (or drink a bunch) I resume my life. Agreed that these things are very irksome, but it adds to the variability and spice of life! :p

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Finally a response that was very considerate and logical at the same time. Thank you.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #37 klink, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Last Christmas I bought Carcassonne which never goes on sale. The very next day it went on sale. I cursed and ranted for awhile and even considered getting a refund. In the end I kept it and i haven't missed those extra couple bucks one bit.

Ps. I just bought Oceanhorn, and I have to say it's excellent game. Everything about it screams quality. It's truly an AAA title on IOS.

18. MyUsernameName

Aug 26, 2014
    Oceanhorn cannot the found in the U.S store on the iTune app on the computer but can be found in the app store on the iPhone?

19. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
  20. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    You shouldnt be angry! You should feel good because of the fact you paid the price the devs deserve for their great work!