Universal Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (In development)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbehre11

nbehre11 Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Anyone heard news of this lately? Desperately awaiting a release date, as I'm sure many others are as well. The demo gameplay video looks great!

2. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    First part was great
    looking forward second as well

3. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Been playing the 1st game again but now on the X and it still looks beautiful! Any update on this sequel?

4. Vyacheslav

Vyacheslav Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Electrical engineer
    Ukraine
    Any chance of getting this on Android as a premium game? I don't know if first Oceanhorn sold well there but this one can. Just make it fully premium (not this "try for free & buy the rest model") - such approach will help you to separate F2P players who never pay for anything and tend to leave low ratings in Google Play and lure some hardcore premium-valuing auditory instead (and much better reviews).

5. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    It’d actually be nice to get some updates. Nothing since June. No where, their blog or Facebook haven’t been touched in a while.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, it would be nice to hear it’s coming along. Hopefully, their silence means they’re just working hard on it! Here’s hoping all is going smoothly for them.

7. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    I wouldn't get too pissed. They did the same with the first game. Often going many (many-many) months without saying anything lol

It sucks, BUT they're making a great game and are focussed on its development.

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Aw nah I’m not mad. I hate sometimes how with text people can’t hear context so when you say something it looks aggressive when you really didn’t mean it that way at all. Lol. I just would loooooooove to know if this was actually gonna be released sometime soon? Like maybe January or February . Hehe. Oceanhorn is like one of the best games to ever dawn on a mobile device. IMO so this one is surely going to beat it just by looking at what they’ve shown so far.

9. GamerLife

GamerLife Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Technical support Apple
    Montreal, Canada
    When ETA ?

When is this game coming out ?

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    No one knows

11. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Oceanhorn 2: Development Update

[​IMG]
    All the roads lead to Capital

It has been too long since we gave you guys an update on the development of Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm. Well, all five of us have been focusing on the game, and when you're really concentrated on your work, the time flies!

[​IMG]
    Grand Core: The city sized machine in the heart of Capital.

It feels like it was only yesterday when we released our first gameplay video of Oceanhorn 2 and even let people play the game at Nordic Game, but the truth is it has been months! The reception of the gameplay video was awesome. We could not get enough of all the impressions from youtube and forums. The excitement of our audience really inspired us to work harder. After we came back to our studio, we were determined to move to the next step with the production!

[​IMG]
    Capital's seedier backside

So, what have we been up to? We have been building an adventure! More gameplay, more story, more levels, more worlds. A city. Capital is one of the central locations of Oceanhorn 2's story and it offers tons of open-ended exploration for curious adventurers. In the heart of the city is the gigantic machine Grand Core.

[​IMG]
    Meeting with friends at Master Mayfair's penthouse study

We hope to bring you more updates in the future, along with some video teasers to give you a real good look at the game! Productions like this require a lot of time and effort, but the outcome will be a cool video game so it is all worth the trouble! When you are making your dream project, you don't count the hours.

Enjoy these iPhone screenshots folks!

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I have no words. Jaw on floor.

Looks unreal guys.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    looks amazing! wow

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    can't say a word. im just speechless with these. is that screenshot capture directly from the iPhone? which iPhone?

15. Fox-One-1

Apr 5, 2011
    This is running on iPhone 7 Plus.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Am I the only one that can’t see any image?
    Just little empty boxes.
    Tried on PC,Mac,iPhone,iPad, on different networks too.

?

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm on a PC and can see them fine.. How about here? http://oceanhorn.blogspot.co.uk/

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks I can see them perfectly fine.
    Weird.

They are glorious btw.

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    so i assume we can expect more fancy graphics on iPhone 8 or X? this looks absolutely gorgeous already, but just wondering if we can see more. anyway, amazing works guys. im a huge fans of the first one, so my hands just get itchy already after seeing those screen shots.

20. Fox-One-1

Apr 5, 2011
    We will have all the fancy graphics across all the devices we support! :D It is part of our philosophy on this game. The game looks 99% the same on PC and iOS. Just some screen space effects are missing that are not feasible on mobile hardware at the moment, like SSAO for example. Where you will see the benefit of better hardware is more impressive framerate, LOD distance and possibly the rendering resolution. It is too early to say how it will be on release, but this is how it is at the moment.

Thank you all for the encouraging words!