Universal Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (In development)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you!

Thank you all for your kind words and enthusiasm! Announcing Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm yesterday was amazing. We got a lot of great coverage in media all over the world and tens of thousands of people visited our development blog. So it is finally real and we can start talking about this game that we have been planning ever since the release of Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas!

Couple of things that we can confirm for you guys, are that the game is going to be a premium title. Despite what people say, premium is not dead and it is a business model that has worked well with Oceanhorn. In addition, Oceanhorn 2 is going to be a Universal title and if everything goes according to our plans, you should be able to play it with an iPhone, iPad and Apple TV! That being said, we are not excluding any other platforms.

We will get back to you with more updates later on! Thanks for your warm welcome, toucharcade!

2. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    Good work once again :) amazing studio that makes amazing games. Can't wait to buy this. Keep up the good work!

3. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Can't wait to pay it. Take my money.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Don't even know how to comment. Speechless and couldn't be more excited for this.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Very excited as well. Makes me want to play the first one again! Can't wait to buy this one on all the platforms I can.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Maybe it's finally time to play the first one, that has been sitting on my device forever.

7. NinjaFish

NinjaFish Member

Oct 5, 2016
    It looks great!I can't wait it!

8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Oooooh man I'm excited I love the first one. It's an incredible game It's one of my fav's I'm so happy. Lol. Congratulations on the success of the first one and much much success on the sequel I can't wait

9. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    WOWO...! I'm late. :L
    I loved the first Oceanhorn. This camera change sounds interesting... Hope it goes well.

Looking at the map, it feels like we'll be journeying through this crescent island on foot.
    I wonder if there still be any sailing... How to have *Oceanhorn without any ship-cruising?

10. skeerup

skeerup Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Whooohooo. Can't wait for this one. First one was awesome. Updates and bug fixes were super fast, and still being updated with the new phones.
    Great devs!!
    Take my money please.

11. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    This new sequel looks amazing! I'm extremely excited for it to get released. I totally adored the first game, it's visuals are definitely some of the best in mobile games, especially so since the last few updates that improved them quite a bit.

I do have one question, though, about the first one. Which I've never been able to find an answer for: what are the differences, between the iOS and PS4 versions of the game? If there are any with them that are the significant differences?

12. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Oceanhorn blew me away and to this day sits on both my iPad and iPhone even though I finished it.
    If the first game was any indication, then the second game is going to blow me away all over again.
    Definitely smashing that buy button once it arrives! :D

13. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Oceanhorn 2, Unreal and Beyond

From our development blog: Oceanhorn.blogspot.com

The reveal of Oceanhorn 2's development got an amazing reception from all of you back in August. Thank you so much!

It has been five months now and we have been very busy working on the game, to fulfill our dream project one asset and feature at a time. Unfortunately, we haven't had time to give you guys any updates. Let's remedy that right here, right now!

[​IMG]

Oceanhorn 2 looks stunning on mobile

Weighing our options

Over the years, we have learned that making a video game is a huge undertaking. For Oceanhorn 1 we did everything from ground up, from using a proprietary game engine, designing and developing our own full featured level editor to a highly laborious porting and upgrading work that had to be done for other platforms.

When we were dreaming up what Oceanhorn 2 should be like, we knew that we would have to do everything from ground up yet again if we would continue using our own tools. To meet the high expectations of the video game audience on mobile, high-end PCs and consoles, we decided to start developing Oceanhorn 2 on Unreal Engine 4.

[​IMG]
    Oceanhorn 2's new perspective will take you in the center of the action