Out Now Oceanhorn 2: Golden Edition (by Cornfox & Bros.)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #61 Nils, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    There is a chest behind bars outside of the shooting gallery in White City. How do I open it? This one I have solved!

And in the dungeon outside the village there is a warlocks chamber that needs a key... Solved this one to!

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So weird, just found it again. Thanks

3. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #63 Nils, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Did you find the secret on the first island? (Outcast Island).

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm now about 50% through the game and it keeps getting better. I just got a new ability and had to comment how visually stunning this game is. Cannot believe I am playing a game like this on my phone and cannot believe the attention to detail in the new areas that I can now explore.

5. tsargeant3012

tsargeant3012 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, I finished it! 83% and took about 20 hours, though I’d say 15-18 is probably closer to what it will take.

Didn’t get all the bloodstones, so I wonder what I didn’t get. There was still an item slot open so something there I guess?
    I did manage to find all the daggers however (the map helped!)

Would have loved some sort of recap of the Oceanhorn story though, I played it so long ago I’ve basically forgotten what happened.

All in all, I had a blast!

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Update 1.4 is live, which aside from the other stuff finally brings option to invert Y-axis! Although its humble size of 2,3GB might suggest the whole game’s being replaced. Anyway, I can finally dive into it so I’m really grateful to the developer for keeping their promise. Be back with some impressions.:)

ste86uk likes this.
  7. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I might be permanently stuck. I’m riding the hover bike and I just can’t get through the mine. It’s maddening and I’m just plain awful at it. It’s easy to get turned around and I start with only three hearts. It’s really disappointing when I come across something like this because it completely ruins and halts an otherwise great game since I can’t make it past this one abnormal section. I wanted to play a exploration rpg adventure, not a race car battle sim (since I’m horrible at race car games)! No way to bypass this is there?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It took me a couple of tries, and I can see why you’re finding it a challenge. I would recommend watching a YouTube playthrough (there are several) so you can see what it takes to avoid the explosions.

9. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Don’t give up learn it by heart! It took me many tries. Go back to an earlier save with more hearts. Check YouTube for successful rides!

10. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Trying to play on my Apple TV4K. The Apple TV really isn’t up to such a graphic intensive game. Hope they bring out a new version with better processor etc. it does look awesome on a big TV but gets choppy at times especially at cut scenes.

11. Donar

Donar Member

Dec 16, 2019
    Male
    #71 Donar, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    It´s some older information but if you haven’t heard it already elsewhere:
    There will be a „under the hood“ and content update for Oceanhorn 2 in 2020.
    Link to Cornfox Blog

Edit:
    Update to version 1.5 is out since yesterday.

12. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I had given up on the Apple Arcade thing but those of you who still have this game update 1.5 is out with performance enhancements and tons of bug fixes

13. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Back on Apple Arcade guys decided to pay the whole year oh emailed the developer about next update for oceanhorn 2 sounds like around April and there’s a ton of fixes and performance enhancements coming stay tuned

macplash likes this.
  14. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Guys quick update about this game and about me a little when I first saw this game I probably had the same reaction as most of you and still to this day I’ve always wanted a game like this that actually works for me very few people know this aspect but im actually a player with cerebral palsy I shared this with the developer as well they were so excited even though the controls have not been adapted yet I’m still able to play with both controller and touchscreen I switch back and forth personally I like the touchscreen except when you get into the boss fights I hope more devs think about accessibility controls in their next game like i said I’m just happy that I can play the kind of game that really pushes the boundaries on mobile in terms of graphics and has simple controls

lezrock and Mike Kurrle like this.
  15. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Quick update I’m to the giant turtle boss and some impressions I’m loving the game so far just wish they’d add a custom graphics option for lower end devices like pascal wager did oh great graphics even on an iPad Pro 2017 I’m liking the story as well definitely in the vein of Zelda

16. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    More to come stay tuned...

17. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Finished the game how do you get back After you beat final boss

18. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    To do more exploring

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I believe there’s an after game update coming up soon. But yeah, as it is it’s not possible to keep going after you beat the final boss (except going to an earlier save).

20. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah I heard there’s a big update coming soon I hope they give us the ability to explore more