Out Now Oceanhorn 2: Golden Edition (by Cornfox & Bros.)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Is there an option to invert Y-axis? I'm amongst those 10% of gamers that are weird and learnt to play this way.

2. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I always invert y. I find it weird that this isn't standard - it reflects how we move our heads ('pull' your head back and you look up). Seems natural to me.

3. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Hello..I had a question regarding apple arcade. I don't have it yet but was wondering are all the games full games or demos

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    It’s the full game

5. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Thanks so much

6. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    All run, no walk?

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    This option's missing in some games. It's unfortunate. The fact is, majority of players have it backwards. From our point of view. Anyway, I still don't have an answer. Is this option available in Oceanhorn 2? Because it's not in the 1st game. True, it's only necessary during sailing the sea on boat, but it's still missing there.

8. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Hm... how do I run in this game? No controller, iPhone display.

9. IggyZX_

IggyZX_ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Male
    You can sprint briefly buy moving in a certain direction, double tapping to roll and continue holding the second tap.

What I find annoying the most is that game has no tutorial and you can’t see controls anywhere so you have to guess. Hard to believe devs didn’t think it was important for people to learn basic controls.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Thanks for your quickly reply. Controls are awful, but I may learn to adapt.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Completely agree on the tutorial part it’s so annoying, then you have challenges but no idea how to do the actions it wants you to because it doesn’t tell you how anywhere!

I also still think you should be able to save at any point, manually or at least auto save when you exit to menu to quit the game. It’s a mobile game...it needs to be able to save whenever.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Had to find the answer about inverting Y axis by myself. I can't believe there's not a single person here already playing the game and willing to check if the option is there. Like how difficult would it be? Or time consuming. I'm a little disappointed, I'm not gonna lie.

Nevertheless, there's no option to invert Y-axis at the moment in game. However, the developer have already confirmed it'll be added in the first update due to multiple requests received. No ETA on the update though.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Hey — you just did everyone else a favor!

Frankly, I think people are kind of overwhelmed by the number of quality games they suddenly have access to, and they are finding it difficult to keep up with individual games. Usually we are a lot more helpful.

In other news, I’m freaking loving this game. It’s like someone took BotW, added a bunch of stuff I like, took out everything I hate, and gave it an actual story (with real characters, instead of just quirky quest givers). I agree that the tutorial could be better, and I’ve run into a few performance hiccups on my XS, but overall this is an incredible achievement for a small team, and a game I would appreciate on any platform — kind of amazing that it’s starting on iOS.

14. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I got a update for iPad os coming September 24th that’s Tuesday going to reapply for Apple Arcade once I download on my iPad Pro 2nd generation

stubbieoz likes this.
  15. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I do have a question though how do you roll away or dodge attacks so to speak?

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Quick double tap on any open area of the screen while moving.

17. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #37 Nils, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Removed!

18. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I installed it yesterday on my 10,5 ipad pro and wow. Visuals are stunning and runs smooth. As for the gameplay it feels like a Zelda Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword, but without the Nintendo polish. Touch controls are awful, so I connected my ps4 controller and it works like a charm. I'm shocked how easy it is to connect the controller and how well it works.

My setup is: ipad connected to the power supply and a controller. Not portable as the nintendo switch, but semi portable.

19. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    I loved the first Oceanhorn, but I don't remember the controls being like this? Having to constantly re-orientate the camera is driving me crazy.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Georgina nah, the first game had virtual joystick on the left as well as "tap to move" enabled by default. And since the camera angle was locked there was no need to adjust it constantly (except for aiming while sailing the boat)

I have to wait until the 1st patch is out that adds an option to invert Y-axis because I can't play with default settings. And you should use the controller for better experience.