Out Now Oceanhorn 2 (by Cornfox & Bros.)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

macatron and shining jade like this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The graphics are as amazing as they look on videos and if you liked the original or Zelda botw then stop wasting your time and just download it. I spent 30 minutes just exploring all around where I started finding chests and hidden items so it’s going to take a lot of my time since I like to go everywhere!

My one gripe hopefully someone can help with but how do you save it? The game auto saves from time to time but if I need to stop and I exit to title screen it doesn’t seem to save my progress up to where I quit?

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    I don’t think it saves as it did in the last game. I believe, so far, that it only autosaves. This is another top notch game! I just wish I could adjust they layout of the onscreen display. Music in this game is terrific. I thought I was going to despise the auto jumping at first, but it is done quite well. Walking near edges, such as bridges or sides of a drop, you can easily just fall off. This game is so much fun. Think I’ve tried out about 20 games so far and this is amongst the best.

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Good grief that’s slick.

Not my cup of tea genre wise as a rule but I’ll happily break that rule for this. A good game is a good game.

I also have initial reservations about the auto jumping; hopefully I’ll warm to it too.

It’s obviously a very polished product. Top notch.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’d have preferred an option to turn auto jump on/off but it seems to work pretty well most of the time. But sometimes I do get stuck trying to make him jump somewhere when I’m exploring and he won’t do it.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    #6 MetaGonzo, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    You saying that makes me ponder one possible benefit: If autojump wont get you up somewhere then it’s not jumpable; not just me being cack-handed!

Edit: I noticed that when using an XB1 controller the B button didn’t let me back out of the option menus as advertised despite working fine in the game itself. Anyone else?

7. GamingUnicorn

GamingUnicorn Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Hm, I am using a GameVice and all the buttons are working for me.

8. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Now this one I can’t wait for!

9. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Just tried with my GameVice and the B button also doesn’t work in the menus, despite it being displayed as the back option. Odd that it should effect one of us and not the other.

Not a major issue; doesn’t effect gameplay.

10. timbojill

timbojill Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Network and Website Administrator, IOS Developer
    Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
    Not seeing Oceanhorn 2 in the app store. Must I apply to Apple arcade to see it?

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    yes it’s Apple Arcade only once you get iOS 13

12. timbojill

timbojill Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Network and Website Administrator, IOS Developer
    Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands
    damn.

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Played some last night and it’s really good. Even fired up the PS4 controller and it seamlessly switches to those controls and works great.

14. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I’ve owned the first one and it’s “offloaded” on my phone for forever now. Guess I need to play it so I can start this.

15. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Is there a way to walk or is it all just running? Be nice to walk and enjoy the view a bit more.

Really gorgeous game and runs so smoothly too.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Can’t get over this game. Amazing....so much to check out in AA and so little time.

17. Wasteland Rebel

Jun 4, 2015
    Guys, come on, i understand that hype acted on you, but open your eyes. Its very very overrated "Zelda Clone": bugs, poor optimisation, and its too far away from Zelda in mechanics and gameplay. Its still great game for mobile, but so overrated.

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    In your opinion, everyone will have one.

I need more time with it before I can decide what I really think. But of course it’ll never be as good as actual Zelda botw but for a mobile game so far it seems as close to it as anyone has gotten. Besides it’s just a game in itself I guess it should only be compared to the original Oceanhorn as if we compared all mobile games to similar on pc or a console they may not stand up very well.

19. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This game is absolutely amazing!

ste86uk likes this.
  20. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Is there a way to always see where you’re going? It’s really hard work to constantly moving the hero so you’re actually see in front of you..