Universal [NZ] Super Muzzle Flash (by Dime Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    [​IMG]
    Super Muzzle Flash

Dime Studios Pty. Ltd.
    Genres: Games Arcade Action
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPad23G
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPadMini
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone5
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone-3GS
    • iPhone5s
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone4
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPhone4S
    • iPhone5c
    • iPodTouchFourthGen
    • iPad2Wifi

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 37.3MB

Super Muzzle Flash

Dime Studios Pty. Ltd.
    Put your lightning-speed reaction skills to the ultimate test! Super Muzzle Flash is a new spin on the old shooting gal…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Put your lightning-speed reaction skills to the ultimate test! Super Muzzle Flash is a new spin on the old shooting gallery, only... you can't see until you shoot! Tap to shoot, shoot to see. See a ghost, shoot ‘em down. CONTROL YOUR FIRE! You might hit a Civilian by accident! With gorgeous visuals with a unique pixel art style, Super Muzzle Flash is grippingly intense, instantly accessible, and satisfying to master! Features: - Stunning Retro-inspired visuals. - Rank up! Unlock all 36 shiny badges. - Compete against your friends. - Easy, Hard, Insane and Godlike difficulties. - Share your Screenshots and Video replays with friends. - Special "Bonus Points" and "Bullet Time" Ghosts.
    Information
    Seller:Dime Studios Pty. Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Apr 22, 2015
    Updated:Jul 25, 2015
    Version:1.1.3
    Size:120.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Visuals look gorgeous. Is this a shooting gallery?

EDIT: Oops just read shooting gallery on the description. This looks real nice.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  4. danclayton

danclayton New Member

#4 danclayton, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Super Muzzle Flash - (by Dime Studios)

Super Muzzle Flash

Dime Studios Pty. Ltd.
    Put your lightning-speed reaction skills to the ultimate test! Super Muzzle Flash is a new spin on the old shooting gal…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Put your lightning-speed reaction skills to the ultimate test! Super Muzzle Flash is a new spin on the old shooting gallery, only... you can't see until you shoot! Tap to shoot, shoot to see. See a ghost, shoot ‘em down. CONTROL YOUR FIRE! You might hit a Civilian by accident! With gorgeous visuals with a unique pixel art style, Super Muzzle Flash is grippingly intense, instantly accessible, and satisfying to master! Features: - Stunning Retro-inspired visuals. - Rank up! Unlock all 36 shiny badges. - Compete against your friends. - Easy, Hard, Insane and Godlike difficulties. - Share your Screenshots and Video replays with friends. - Special "Bonus Points" and "Bullet Time" Ghosts.
    Information
    Seller:Dime Studios Pty. Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Apr 22, 2015
    Updated:Jul 25, 2015
    Version:1.1.3
    Size:120.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. danclayton

danclayton New Member

In what way? What could we do to improve the game?

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #6 vectorarchitekt, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    I think even the easy mode is hard! If you're off by a smidge in all that chaos of making sure it doesn't go dark, you lose.
    Also, would a portrait option be possible?

I think it would be cool if you removed the blue "floors" entirely and just had monsters across the black screen. Keep it just a little more minimal due to the nature of the game. Neat idea though to freshen up the gallery concept.

7. danclayton

danclayton New Member

Thanks for the feedback!

You're not wrong, it's a very hard game by design. We wanted to make something that was difficult so that as you improve, you feel really accomplished. We added the "zoom" to the miss after a lot of testing iterations. Do you feel cheated at all when the game shows you the miss?

Portrait is a discussion we had a little too late in development, but after more and more feedback it's a feature that seems pretty necessary. We'll investigate it more to see if it's worth putting out a portrait update.

Removing the platforms is an interesting suggestion. The platforms are meant as a guide to help players anticipate where the Ghosts will be coming from, moving across etc. Does it feel cluttered because of the platforms? Would smaller or thinner platforms be a reasonable compromise?

We hope you're enjoying Muzzle Flash none the less. Would love to compare your initial feedback to feedback after a few playthroughs, or later difficulty modes.

Cheers!

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Finally made it to Hard Mode....

I suggest portrait not only because I prefer to hold my phone that way, but it seems like it would be fun to be able to shoot with one thumb.

The platforms are not too cluttering, I was just thinking that the less on screen and the more minimalist, the better. What about an option to turn the platforms off if one wanted an extra challenge? Plus I think it would be more fun if the ghosts were floating about instead of just going across...they are ghosts after all, lol.

I think the hit boxes are fair, the zoom does show you how far you are off by, but I have "fat fingers" so sometimes it's frustrating when i miss....