Universal NyxQuest - (by Over The Top Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. timo2000

timo2000 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Having officially finished the game how long would you say gameplay is?

2. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Looking at the timer it says I've played for 5 hours, 8 minutes. Actually I think it was almost 4 hours for me to beat it, but I'm going back to get the rest of the relics now. I know others have said it took them 3 hours though.

3. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Help pls?

I'm stuck on level 4 where the goat/ram wants to kill me.
    How do I get past pls?!

Thanks!

4. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    On the right side there is a button. When you push that a flame is shot out. Lure the goat/ram to that side and activate the button. One roasted animal. :)

5. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied

Hey guys, when you post spoilers, please use the spoiler tags, as I've done above. There's a black and white icon at the right end of the text entry tool-bar specially for this. Thanks.

6. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #26 Leegames, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
    Sure. To be honest I did not consider this a spoiler. But sure. :)

7. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Just finished the game. Perfectly executed platform style game in my opinion. Not difficult enough to be frustrating but enough of a challenge to make it worthwhile. Excellent production values to I must say. The only real shortcoming I can see is the length of the game. 12 levels seems to go by pretty quickly. I think my game time was about 4 hours but I will go back and attempt to get some of the relics I missed.

8. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Found this old gem & finished it. Loved it. Not too hard but not too easy. Lots of fun & a great game.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just found out that this 11 year old game is still live and functional (though not updated for current iPhone screens proportions, alas). Great platformer with decent control, nice story, and unique and engaging gameplay. Supposedly ad supported with an in-app purchase to remove, but it seems like neither the ads nor the purchase are active.

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow, haven't thought about this rad game in a long time, thanks for bumping this.

So this is kind of a strange situation. I downloaded the NyxQuest that's on the App Store right now, whose screen shots show that it supports full screen iPhones, but upon firing it up it's like Squarezero says, it is letterboxed. I remembered this is one of those games that launched as separate iPhone/iPad versions, so I checked my purchase history and sure enough there is also a NyxQuest HD. I downloaded that one and, lo and behold, it is updated for full screen devices. It also doesn't have a restore purchases selection in the options screen, which makes me think it's still the original paid-with-no-IAP version.

Anyway, kind of weird that the live App Store version is the outdated one, but if you happen to own both versions from back in the day the one titled NyxQuest HD seems to be the one to play.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Wow — thanks for digging that up!

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Sucks. I got it back in 2011 but it’s the regular version and not the HD one. Would be nice if they made it full screen too:

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's really weird, almost like an oversight or something? I've emailed them to ask about it, but not even sure how active they are as a developer anymore.

If anyone else wants to try to contact them you can leave a message at the Contact portion of their website, email directly at [email protected], or try to reach them on Twitter.