Nvidia GeForce Now on iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MetaGonzo, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:12 PM.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #1 MetaGonzo, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:12 PM
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 10:25 AM
  2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

18 minute wait for a “rig” :(

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Indeed, and an hour limit per session.
    I like the way that you can give it a test drive with the free tier but if you wanted to use it in any meaningful way you’d have to put your hand in your pocket.

5/month seems like reasonable value if it was a service you’d get a lot of use out of.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

I have no problem paying for it — I’m paying for Luna and bought the controller. But I’d love to give it a go on my phone before I shell out cash for another cloud gaming service. I found Stadia to be a major disappointment (both on desktop and on my phone).

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I originally made a dedicated forum for game streaming talk, but on second thought decided to put these kinds of threads in general discussion since there might not be enough topics to carry an entire forum. Plus General has slowed way down so this will give it some life.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Good call!

7. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #7 JasonLL, Nov 20, 2020 at 1:15 AM
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 7:04 AM
    I tried one game so far and that was Half-life 2 (of course) and I was caught off guard by how sharp the games visuals were on the service (I was expecting a blurry stream for some reason). Very impressed with the streaming quality and I can’t wait for the future to arrive...unfortunately it is the future, for me, since streaming the game at a very high res and playing is just not plausible with the internet connection in my area. It’s not the fault of the service since the controller integration felt really good on the game but the stuttering every few seconds was unbearable after trying to play 10 minutes of the beginning tutorial-introduction.

Still for those that have the ability to run the service with few hiccups I can see this being a game changer right now. Overall this tech one day is going to replace most hardware stored at home and I can see the future from Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo being fully software based in 15 or so years.