Universal Nuts! The Battle of the Bulge (by HexWar Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    #41 Dragan, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    I have more and more the impression that hexwar has become a war game factory where quantity rules over quality.

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1 :(

3. HexWar

HexWar Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Aiming to submit a patch next week which should address the issues with the game freezing that some of you have encountered. We're also taking a look at adding an (optional) log of the dice rolls so you can see what's actually happening during the combat etc. The first patch will aim to fix all the issues and we'll try and include some of the improvements, but then after that we'll look at how it can be further improved based on your feedback.

We're also looking at adding other improvements that will try to help explain the game better than just the videos - one idea is to add a walkthrough video with a voice over explaining it, but if you guys have any suggestions as to what you think would help in this regard we'd love to hear them too.

Thanks for all the feedback so far - we're taking it on board!

4. PirateJock

PirateJock Member

Jan 13, 2014
    North West, UK
    Hi - Any news on the patch? Got the iPad and PC versions as well as the original card game, and waiting for the patch before getting back into this. Really want this to become the superb game it could be.

Seeing dice rolls before final result showing would give an extra tension to the game (talking as a boardgamer) and still not clear on what's happening for the encircled attacks.

Haven't seen much on boardgame forums (Consimworld or Boardgamegeek) about the game - wonder if it's an *opportunity* being missed ;)

Cheers

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Does anybody have detailed patch notes?

6. randomelginguy

randomelginguy New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Hello, I am Stuart the developer of Nuts!

Here's a list of things we've fixed for this build.

1. Fixed issue that game would not progress to next phase
    2. Fixed issue that animation speed setting would reset to old setting
    3. Fixed issue that game would load incorrect save on resume
    4. Fixed issue that combat wouldn't complete if all units were destroyed
    5. Combat is now visible for encircled units
    6. Fixed issue with card layering being incorrect
    7. Added detailed event card text into the help screen
    8. Fixed issue with combat getting stuck after previously using Friendly Fire card
    9. Fixed issue that player couldn't attack down from Liege
    10. Fixed issue with cohesion or out of supply appearing on incorrect or resurrected cards
    11. Changed cards to be loaded in a different way
    12. Increased number of validation checks within the code

Thank you everyone for your feedback, it has been very helpful. Our next update is likely to include an optional combat log, achievements and improvements to reduce the number of interactions needed to play the game. We are open to more suggestions for improvements.

7. PirateJock

PirateJock Member

Jan 13, 2014
    North West, UK
    Hi Stuart

Good news on the patch - thanks for that. Played a few North games as both sides and haven't come across any of the issues I was seeing pre-update. Looking forward to the improvements on the next update.

Cheers

8. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    The patch did nothing at all. If anything it's worse, instead of freezing half way through a game now t freezes at the first battle. The game was so buggy before that I didn't think it could get any worse...hexwar proved me wrong.

9. PirateJock

PirateJock Member

Jan 13, 2014
    North West, UK
    Hi CoreyB

Which game are you playing? Is it the full game? I've been doing North (mainly) and a couple of South games as both and not had any crashes since the update, including at the points where it was hanging before (e.g. after playing a Friendly Fire card in the North game).

I'm still getting the occasional odd happening, e.g. Axis infantry not attacking if Allies play an air strike during combat, but I'm not sure if they are bugs or as intended. However they don't happen that often and not game stoppers.

I'm on an iPad Air running iOS 9.2.

Cheers

10. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I was just looking at Hexwar games in the App Store and man there are a lot of them and they all seem like reskinned versions of the same game. Are their games different from one another? Or are they just the same game with the same gameplay but with just different artwork?

11. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Not exactly the same game, but very similar as they use the same engine. There are some rule differences for the various time periods represented, and of course unit values and abilities also vary.