null_explanation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by covertfreq, Aug 26, 2010.

1. covertfreq

covertfreq Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    gonzo journalist
    What does this mean? Sometimes this pops up after I submit a review of an app that I got a promo code for & it won't let me rate. It sucks because these guys deserve the rating.
    :confused:

2. I have no explanation.

Also: Should be in lounge or general game discussion.

3. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    This has happened to me a lot. I don't know why it just pops up.

4. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Probably the game isnt released yet in your country, but if you get a promo code then you can get it even if it isnt supposed to be out in America till 11 pm.

5. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Ever since the 4.0 upgrade I've been getting this every time I try to submit a review. Can't find a reason for it. For what it's worth, google "null_explanation" and you'll find the problem is widespread. Thought it was something wrong with just MY iPhone for awhile:)
    Anyway, I'm sure Apple is aware of it and working on a fix. I wouldn't stress over it.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Write your review but don't give a rating. Press submit, then a pop-up will ask for you rating. Give it then, and it will work.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Superb workaround Sir!

8. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Sweet!! Thanks for the easy work around!! This has been driving me nuts because I could only leave feedback from my computer. Now I can make sure the devs get the props they deserve wherever I'm at!! :-D

9. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    And if you've already rated the game 5 stars, just swipe your finger all the way to the left until 0 stars are there. Submit it and when it asks for a rating, put in 5 stars! Same thing, different circumstance :p