iPad Nukeball Released!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by awolCZ, Jul 5, 2009.

1. awolCZ

awolCZ Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hi all,

i'm happy to say that Nukeball for iPhone and iPod Touch has been juste released. It's very simple and easy to play arcade game based mainly upon multiplayer experience. Two players can compete each other in real-time using just one iphone / ipod device.

Target of the game is to destroy your opponent using your shots or hitting it with the nukeball. It's not as easy as it seems! Each player is protected by laser shield at the beginning of each match. The only way how to destroy the shield is by hitting it with the nukeball. Direction of the nukeball can be changed by hitting it with the shots, so only the fastest nukeballer with the best aim wins the mach!

If you have no friend to grab and compete, you will be satisfied with single player support. Game includes three different AI difficulty levels and a very sophisticated scoring system based upon your accuracy and dominancy over the opponent. Rule the AI, share your score online and prove, that you are the best nukeballer ever!

Price is $0.99 only!

Game homepage: http://www.luboskulisek.cz/nukeball

Main Features:
    --------------
    * Unique one device real-time multiplayer mode
    * Three different AI levels for single player mode
    * Sophisticated scoring system with online ranking
    * Very fast and dynamic action gameplay
    * Nice hand-drawn graphics

Gameplay Video:
    ---------------

iTunes link:
    ----------
    itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320776350&mt=8&s=143441

I hope that you will enjoy the game!

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Wow~~ Looks pretty polished and cool. Its a fresh new twist to pong-like games. An arcade shooter kinda twist :p

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I think Im gonna go for this one, it looks like a good pick up and play game.

4. awolCZ

awolCZ Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Please feel free to use the following promo codes for Nukeball free download:

N7A4HHYXTRN6
    HMFEEKR7TE3A
    PREMWLK6MW4L
    YFTX9E6NR96H
    YEALYTMETRYY

I will be very thankful for sharing your experience here or posting a review. Enjoy the game!

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Used YFTX9E6NR96H. Surprised there're any codes left. I'll post my impressions here shortly. Nice icon ;)

6. Ronix

Ronix Active Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Must have been the last code Kamazar as there are no more for those wondering! I didn't get one.

7. Joker13z

Joker13z Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Yeah I missed them all too -_-. I'm curious to hear his impressions though.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #8 Kamazar, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Ok, here's my review.

The gameplay's simple. You and your opponent both have slidable guns and shields. The goal is to get the bouncing nuke ball that's in the middle to hit your opponents shield, destroy it, and then get it to hit the players gun/ship/whatever. If you're shield's down, the laser shots can hurt you. Once I started playing it, I immediately loved it. The gameplay's simple, yet fun, and frenetic. The graphics are cross between retro and modern, and are very nicely done. The ball physics fit in nicely. The shots take a little time to recharge so you can't just go shooting crazily. You have to plan your shots... or as much as you can in usually 1-2 seconds.

There're just two modes. AI, where, obviously, you battle against the computer, and VS, which lets you battle another person. I found this kinda lacking. No campaign mode and the fact the most rounds last no longer than a minute means that you're gonna get tired of the game pretty quick. Also, no power-ups, items, or different arena to dynamically change the playing field and gameplay adds to the monotony. The single-device multiplayer is a nice touch, but it's cumbersome. While not expected right away, online multiplayer and bluetooth would triple the value of the game.

All in all, I give this game 3.5 stars. The gameplay's awesome, there's just little variety and not very much to do.

What I'd like to see in future builds:

- Different ships with pros and cons. Not many, just 4 or 5.
    - Either or both power-ups and new arena. The power-ups preferably in the next or after the next update, arenas, well, soon, but they can be added gradually.
    - Campaign mode. This could be easily integrated with new arenas (e.g, take out the master of each environment/arena). Stretch out the single-player gameplay a little.
    - Online and bluetooth multiplayer.

9. NYKane

NYKane Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Great lil' review, Kamazar.

Are they any other promo codes by chance?

10. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    got this kinda dissapointed not much gameplay
    this game would be amazing if there were online ranking based on wins and losses and online gameplay

11. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I found this really fun and addicting. Definetly worth the price. After the first two difficultys, it got old but the hard ness of hard,the last difficulty, makes it fun. I still havent beaten it. But one thing, It does need powerups, like a laser briefly shoots out of your goneor something. Awesome game. The graphics are ok, not super amazing. It would be cool to get multiplayer too. Oh by the way awesome icon.
    upsidedowns schools all: A-

12. awolCZ

awolCZ Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hi all,

thank you for your replies. I'm happy that most of you like the game. We are thinking about your opinions and some of them will take effect in the next update ( like powerups etc.)

And some game tips:

Here are three golden rules of Nukeball scoring:

1) Be accurate!
    -Every shot that misses the target has a negative effect on your score.

2) Dominate your opponent!
    -Every damage caused to you by your opponent has a negative effect on your score and every damage caused by you to your opponent has a positive effect.

3) Kill with the Nukeball
    -Even if it is possible to kill your opponent with your shots, finishing him with the Nukeball is a purpose of the game and has a positive effect on your score. But try to do it quickly - when you hit the opponent with your shot, you are loosing amount of score for Nukeball kill. And rules 2 and 3 also apply, so this can be a risk.

Some of you asked me about the promo codes. I have a good message for you ;-) Here they are:

MLAFT4YM6HJH
    RPWXNWEJLMXN
    N6W9Y43NHP4H

13. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    thank you, got N6W9Y43NHP4H!
    I'll try it as soon as I can.

14. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Thank you used RPWXNWEJLMXN

Saw this on TA front page a bit ago I believe looked pretty interesting was thinking about it but just had bought too many games lately and held off getting it at the moment but looking forward to trying this one out now.

15. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    this looks pretty fun, dl'ing now

16. NYKane

NYKane Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I ended up getting MLAFT4YM6HJH code, but I didn't that you for it. So, thanks!

Overall, I really enjoy the game. But I think there a couple things that would improve the game in my opinion.

First, the things that I love are the graphics, the AI, and I really like one device versus mode (great when you're at a restaurant or something with someone. The main thing that I think that hinders the gameplay is a lack of replayability. You play one level, either win or lose, and then it goes back to the main menu, and you're kinda left thinking, "Well, what now?" It's nice to have an online leader scoreboard, but that only can do so much.

A couple other suggestions that I think would help:

*Unlockables. Something that will make you want to come back and play. New elements such as possible power-ups, ship customization, shield color customization, different nukeballs, and etc.

*Multiple Match. Instead of fighting a single game over and over, maybe have a mode where you do them one after the other that increases in difficulity. Also, a possible survival mode would be a great idea I think.

*Ability to play your iPod music. I think this should be a must in all games, especially when there aren't options to toggle the music or SFX.

But overall, even with all I've said, this is a fun game that I would recommend! 7.5/10

17. awolCZ

awolCZ Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nukeball in What's HOT

Hi all,

Nukeball is now featured at the app store homepage, category "what's hot".

Many thanks to all of you who bought the game. I hope that you liked it.

I really appreciate all of your opinions and we are preparing an update where most of your ideas will be used.

Thank you!

18. awolCZ

awolCZ Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Celebration

Hi all,

as I mentioned in above post, nukeball is now featured at itunes app store. To celebrate this, we decided to release a couple of promo codes:

PLKJPRKNHRNT
    XMLNX3FL3XAP
    REFFMMPJKFY9
    R9KXMLHKXM7T
    WKLPREJME7N9

I will be very thankful if you leave a review / rating at itunes. Unfortunately, some guy who was breaking high score security got banned and his revenge to us is one star rating and review that game is "Gay" :rolleyes:

I hope that you will like the game. Don't forget that Nukeball is designed mainly for multiplayer experience ;)

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Used XMLNX3FL3XAP

Thanks! :)

Will post impressions in a bit, will try to write a more formal review later (I'm way behind! :eek:)

20. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    used WKLPREJME7N9 - thanks

review and comments to follow :)