Universal Nubs' Adventure (by IMakeGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 28, 2015.

1. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I just finished the game with 100% completion. It was awesome.

I'm going to post a screenshot of my favorite glitch. After killing one of the bees instead of exploding normally it exploded into endlessly propagating pieces. Crashed the game to the desktop actually but it looked so cool(check the upper right):

Attached Files:

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    How long did it take you to finish the game?

3. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I don't really know. Hours and hours. Stayed up late several nights in a row to play, with other play sessions sprinkled in during the day.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    It's killing me that I can't get any further. Don't let this hiccup stop you from pulling the trigger and buying this game.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Completed 100%. Wonderful game. I liked Traps n Gemstones but Nubs is better.

6. IMakeGames

IMakeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    The update is now released! :)

The bug regarding IAPs should be fixed and you should be able to experience the complete game! Also, MFi controller support!

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    YeeehAwww

Updating now. I can't wait! Let's do this people!

Billy

8. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Great little platformer, reminds me of Fez which I thoroughly enjoyed also. Just got the update and played it using my controller, Logitech powershell, which heightened the experience. Was wondering if the on screen controls could be make completely invisible when the controller was plugged in though

9. odditypardonme

Apr 1, 2015
    Fantastic game. 12 percent or so through. But dear god can one of you help me? I am stuck and I have no idea what to do next.

10. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    Where are you stuck? :)

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#91 Anotherkellydown, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    I'm really not far into this, maybe 45 minutes, but I've switched it over from iPhone 5 to iPad Mini 2 and prefer it on that.

My initial impressions for Nubs' were so good that I nominated it for GOTW after only playing for a few minutes. I had another game in mind that I planned on voting for, but that has changed. This is beautiful all around and will be getting my vote for sure. I even brought my wifi only mini with me to work in case I had time to play on breaks. Looking forward to playing this to completion. Great job, IMakeGames!

12. odditypardonme

Apr 1, 2015
    I quote the Whip looking key and made it to Grass Valley III. Now there's another obelisk to which I do not have the shape key for (and don't know where it is). There is a water pipe protected by a door that looks like it needs a Blue key but I don't know where that is either.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Now that the unlock big has been fixed, can give this the attention it deserves. Really enjoying playing through again and can see the Polish vs beta.

Anyone else get a "Lost" feeling from this game? Commented this to the Dev during testing and curious if anyone else gets the same vibe. On an island, not sure where to go but you go anyway, weird/unexplained structures with strange symbols, a bright light like in the "flash forwards", and a worm-like smoke monster that is summoned when you need him.

Maybe I thought too much about this? Hahaha

Anyway....really enjoying. When will there be an universal update so I can switch to iPad mini?

14. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    #94 IMakeGames, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Have a look at your minimap! There is another obelisk that you can now open with the sign you got. From where you are now, you probably want to take the beamer there.

Nubs' Adventure should already be working on your iPad mini... or do you mean when there will be cloud saves? I'm working on that but can't give any ETA yet.

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Nubs' Adventure should already be working on your iPad mini... or do you mean when there will be cloud saves? I'm working on that but can't give any ETA yet.[/QUOTE]

Meant cloud saves.... I am about 40% in and didn't want to start over.

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=262723][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262612][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262789][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259458][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262755][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262657][​IMG][/thread][thread=262645][​IMG][/thread][thread=262617][​IMG][/thread]

Nubs' Adventure

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 28th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

17. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    Wow, thanks for the nomination to all who voted for my game so far! :)

Competition is REEEAALLLY tough though. So many good games came out this (last) week. I'm thankful for every vote Nubs' Adventure gets of course. :)

18. badbrute

badbrute Member

Jul 26, 2013
    This game is awsome! So far ive completed 61% but when i return to the "Room" where the obilisk that unlocks the game stands, and ive obviously already unlocks it, i cant get past it unless i pay 4.99 again?!?

19. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    #100 IMakeGames, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Hey! No, once you've paid, you don't ever need to pay again! Did you maybe reinstall the game at some point? Or do something else with your device that could maybe cause it to not know you've already paid?

If you've already bought the game with your Apple ID, you can just run up to the gate, do the unlock, but you won't be billed a second time! Promise! :) It will maybe show you a message box stating that you've already purchased the IAP and if you want to "download" it again for free.

Alternatively, you can hit the "restore purchases" button in the options menu (reachable from the main menu).