Universal Nubs' Adventure (by IMakeGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 28, 2015.

1. bugsland

bugsland Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Very cute little game, reminds me a bit of fez in its look and feel (and not just about the hat/head). Just bought the full version after having played 10 minutes.
    Just wondering... How long is the game for a typical gamer? It seems to be pretty big as after 10 minutes of game play I am still showing 1% and can see things are getting harder already.

I would also prefer a floating control option but resizing the controls is a good alternative.i found the controls quite responsive.

Not sure yet about the story but the game is beautifully crafted. Well done!

2. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Just a thought, and maybe you guys have all tried this...make sure you close the game so it's not running in the background before you restart your device. I think this is what finally got the unlock to work for me.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I gave that a try. Still crashes. The IAP is showing in my AppStore now though.

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #64 NOEN, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    The soundtrack for this game is beautiful. I haven't had any issues with crashes yet, but I'm only about 10 mins in and I'm loving it so far.

5. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Hey, IMakeGames... I emailed you my crashlogs, I hope it helps.

Great game!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #66 LordShad0wz, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Any idea dev? I'm waiting to give you money! Well it will get you a cup of coffee. Lol

Just a really well done game. Every once in a while a special game just pops up out of no where. This is where I like to spend my money. It's worth it.

Billy

7. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah if you put mine and his together you could buy a movie ticket! Seriously though, don't stress about it. I'll wait patiently to give you my money.

8. IMakeGames

IMakeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    OK! I got it!

The IAP issue is actually related to the App Store you're signed into, but not in the way I expected. More specifically, if your country has the dollar ($) as its currency sign (like the US, for example), you might experience the crash. In some cases, Apple servers send the IAP's price as "$4.99", other times as "4.99". I didn't know that, and through some weird coincidence, the "$" causes the crash (ironic, isn't it?).

I'm already uploading a new build that includes a fix and hopefully get it through Apple's review process fast! :)

Also, this update should fix the non-working game controller functionality.

9. Gooneroo

Gooneroo Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Stuck at the part where you meet the NPC and he says he has trouble getting through the mines. No idea what to do, any ideas?

Great game btw!

10. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    It's a tricky part, but you can actually get through the mines with a few well-placed jumps! :)

Fez was definitely an inspiration in terms of style, so thanks! :) The game's completion rating is almost solely based on how many gems you have found/collected. Small spoiler about how many there are to collect:
    All in all, you can collect 135 gems throughout the world, although some well hidden gems you find count as 2, 5, or 10.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #71 Qwertz555, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    First, everything runs buttersmooth on my side, not one issue to report, except, what a beautiful nice and calm experience this adventure is! The music cements everything brilliantly.
    But don't get fooled folks, some of those little battles could make you wanna throw your iphone up against the wall once in a while. Imho, they've got the perfect balance to say "ok, one more try, i can do this".

I'm at 37% and i guess i already passed the red monolith (can't remember from testing)? So if i bought the unlock before, there is no red one anymore? Just want to know.

Edit: on my iphone, i can't get "rate this app" besides your title to work. Anyone else? I left my best rating on my swiss app store though. Hope it helps a bit.

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm a 100% satisfied and sad at the same time, because i just finished this heart warmening beautiful experience. The music's still following me.
    I couldn't let go and about five hours later (minimum) i'm left with a special good mood that not many games achieve. The surprising ending helped, too. If nominated, my vote goes clearly to Nubs.

13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'm almost 50%, but from the outset one could tell this would be really special, from the lively color palette, wonderful level design and engrossing soundtrack. The dev did a great job of pulling in and immersing the audience into a rich, emotive and rewarding experience. IMHO, this game is in a league all by itself.

14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm at 47% and I couldn't have said it better myself.

15. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I finally got the purchase to work! Yay!

The game is so great. Too bad that so much of the thread was eaten up by IAP problems. Nice to see the discussion turn back to the fun stuff.

I've only really had trouble once so far, on a certain boss battle.
    Where you play as the giant worm and you have to fight the red guy in his mine-dropping ship.
    I had to hit the boss
    sixteen
    times to defeat it. That seemed excessive... I thought for sure I was doing something wrong until I actually won.

16. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    Yeah, once you've unlocked the game, there will be no red gates anymore blocking your way.

Thanks to all the people who are enjoying Nubs' Adventure! It really brightens up my day! :) :) :)

Again, sorry for the trouble with unlocking the game. I've made a mistake and it's my fault alone. :/ I hope the update will be out by tomorrow and then all people can hopefully play the game as is meant to be played in its entirety.

17. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Purchase still not working for me. iPhone 6+ with newest OS.

18. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    He's uploaded a fix to apple. Until the fix goes live, I think it's random if you can purchase in the U.S. I just kept trying at different times until it finally worked.

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Nice, I just got it, too!

20. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    When the TouchArcade writers get involved, you know it's good.