Universal Nubs' Adventure (by IMakeGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 28, 2015.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    $4.99...a steal for something so entertainingly beautiful. Man, I've spent $30 yesterday on four games. Got lots to keep me company;)

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It's crashing for me too. iPhone 5 , US AppStore. The strange thing is the first time I clicked unlock it worked for me and the AppStore sign in came up. When it didn't show the price I canceled it and checked here for the price. When I went back to purchase it, it has crashed every time I try. I'll just try again later. No big deal.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I can't get my Mad Catz to work either. Haven't been able to unlock the full game yet. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

4. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Also, the game froze on me at the red gate. I assume I need to buy the IAP to pass it (which I can't do because it crashes)?

This is the screen it froze on... music still plays, but I can't leave this dialog box:

Attached Files:

5. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Froze on the dialog box on this screen too:

Attached Files:

6. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Unlock finally worked for me. Crashed as recently as five minutes ago. Not sure what changed. iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, U.S. App Store.

Glad it worked! This is a great game, and the dev should be getting paid! :)

7. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    The game's IAP finally showed up for me in the AppStore listing, but it still crashes when I click to buy it in-game.

8. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Only a couple things I wish could be added. First being able to move the controls would be great. They are spaced way too far apart when playing on an iPhone 6+. Second, achievements via Game Center would really be awesome for a game like this IMHO...

Awesome game what I've played so far. Love the graphics.

9. IMakeGames

IMakeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I'm sorry it isn't working for you yet! Could you maybe try restarting your device once more now that the IAP at least shows up? And have you tried unlocking from the main menu?

I'll look into that as well!

Overall, for me as the dev, this has been a very frustrating experience. Everything worked well during my tests and the beta tests, Apple found no issues during review either, but things broke in the released version. It's especially stressful as I can't really do much right now, other than hope it will start working all around the world. :mad:

10. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    Glad you're enjoying it! :)

In the options menu, you can customize the button width. Try lowering the width to 2, maybe 1.5, that should make it better! Achievements are definitely planned, but I have to sort out the bugs first! ;)

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Are there cloud saves?

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Still crashing for me. Bummer. :/

13. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Don't know how I missed that in the options. Got it adjusted to 1 for width now, that makes it perfect. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to the GC achievements:)

14. sugimulm

Same here, tried to buy, crashed :(

15. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    can the Dev tell us what "Game Controller" works???
    As the official MFi Controllers ,such as Madcatz C.T.R.L.i, MOGA Rebel.. Or any other MFi Game Controller do not work with this game..

16. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    I hope the crashing stops in the next few hours for everybody once the IAP is available in all parts of the world.

It SHOULD be working, but it isn't. :( The build I submitted to Apple had working MFi controller support, I just double checked. I don't yet know why it does not work after release. I removed the line from the app description until I have sorted out the issue. Sorry for the troubles!

17. sugimulm

Thank you for the heads up, don't worry will buy, friggin great game! I hope there is or you may add iCloud support.

18. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Thanks, i agree still plays great with touchscreen, will wait for update to see if Controller support is fixed, thnx ;)

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Had no issues buying the IAP. iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Lebanese App Store.

IMakeGames, I have to ask: Do you plan on making any other version of the game? By that I mean a full version with an upfront $4.99 price-tag...or is this version the only "premium" one we'll have? I realize it's useless for me to ask this after buying the IAP, but I'm curious. :p

20. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Yes, i've restarted my device a couple times after the IAP showed up in the AppStore. Unlocking from the main menu still instantly crashes to the desktop. Activating the red gates still freezes in the dialog box.

One more piece of info... I did once accidentally hit "restore purchases", which acted like it was doing something, but on return to the main menu the screen became unresponsive to touch.