Universal Nubs' Adventure (by IMakeGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, May 28, 2015.

1. IMakeGames

IMakeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    #21 IMakeGames, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    To those who experience crashes trying to unlock the full game: you can play a big part of the game without unlocking! Please don't be discouraged, I'll figure this out as soon as I can reproduce it or have a crash report. The unlock is priced at 4.99$ or your regional equivalent.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!! Discouraged? More like encouraged cause i will be waiting to see what's up next!!!!! :)

3. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah, it crashes on my iPod 5 running iOS 8.1.3. It's still great though. I guess I could always replay the beta.

4. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    Where are you from? I'm asking because I'm investigating if this is a regional issue.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Though i've yet to see/reach the red monolith (unlock barrier) to find out if my purchase works but buying from the menu was no problem in my swiss app store with iphone 5s, version 8.2.

This is "unfortunatelly" not a covered game by a big company, nor does this dedicated and very nice Dev (he WAS listening to testers!) have a granny at Apple's. As we all know, a lot of quality games aren't featured, rather those cheap and fast made by K... or so. Shame! (Yes, i'm biased :eek:)

Good luck!

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#26 Anotherkellydown, May 28, 2015
    US App Store here. iPhone 5, 7.1.2

I'm sure you'll have it figured out soon. I'll be playing the free portion until then :) So sorry for the pesky bug.

7. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Crashing for me, Canadian App Store, iPhone 5S and iPad 4, iOS 8.3.

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    just bought IAP and it worked okay for me in the UK. Bl**dy terrific work by the way. Damn great game.

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Everyone, try restarting your device

That worked for me.

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Wow, quite mesmerized by the video. I seriously could not stop watching it! Cant wait to play. Reminds me of the emotional pull that Unmechanical had. Downloading!

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Controls are very tight and amazing visuals.

Is there cloud support? Would love to start on phone and move over to iPad.

12. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    #32 IMakeGames, May 28, 2015
    Thanks! :)
    Cloud support is in progress. I didn't want to postpone the release even more, so I released without it. But if both of your devices are jailbroken and you feel adventurous enough, you can copy the savegame file (which is called sg0_v1) from one to the other via an app like iFile or iBrowse. :)

And YES, Anotherkellydown seems to be right (THANKS!!!)! Restarting the device has fixed the crash issue for all people I've asked so far. So if Nubs' Adventure crashes while unlocking, try restarting, it should work afterwards! :)

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Restarting does not fix the crash bug for me. iPhone 6+ current iOS.

14. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #34 zatoichi, May 28, 2015
    Restarting my iPhone 5s and my iPad Air didn't solve the unlock crash for me on either device. Both on ios 8.2, US App Store.

Just for giggles, I'll update my phone to 8.3 and see if that solves it. Stand by...

...And, no joy. Updated iPhone 5s to iOS 8.3 and restarted both the game and the device. Same crash when attempting to unlock the game.

15. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    iPad Air latest iOS (in my local language the device) unlock worked fluently. Awesome game gongrads on release!

16. IMakeGames

Mar 25, 2013
    I think the crash is dependent on which App Store you're signed in. The IAP does not seem to be distributed yet in (parts of) the US App Store, which is why you're experiencing the crash. I'm really sorry for the bad experience, I hope this is sorted out soon!

17. Desertmonkey666

Oct 24, 2010
    Crowd control!
    UK
    Can't get controller working? Using a Moga Rebel?

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Rebooting did not correct the crashing issue for me. It crashes instantly when pressing the unlock button.

iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3 U.S. AppStore East coast.

Really nice game dev. The controls are really spot on.

Billy

19. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #39 Glorkbot, May 28, 2015
    Pressing unlock button crashes instantly for me. I'm running the most recent iOS on an ipad Air. US appstore, east coast. Rebooting does not fix the crashing issue.

(If it's a time based thing, I can't believe the west coast would have IAP go live before the east coast.)

I guess I'll add this to my list of reasons to dislike IAP. I would have much preferred to decide up front whether to buy the game outright. (On the other hand, I know IAP is the way it goes these days.)

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    How much is the unlock for this?