Universal 'nstaCharge -- Endless Rider

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ikars, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start sharing some news about our new game 'nstaCharge, currently on schedule to release on iOS in early January 2015.

Trailer
    http://youtu.be/4iTaoIcHm74

Website
    http://www.nstacharge.com

[​IMG]

You’re Rusty, a quirky little robot atop his trusted star-cycle and your friend Lola is right on your heels. The skyway is littered with cubes with a mind of their own so you’ll need to jump over, dodge and wheelie to power your way through. Lola doesn’t think you can get far without crashing – it's up to you to prove her wrong!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Embedding youtube vid...

3. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Thanks a lot, Exact-Psience -- wasn't sure if it was possible on this forum :)

4. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Screenshots

Some screenshots :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
  6. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    Tilting on iPad

Wow, so many colors.. : ) I see potential.

Does it include tilting for iPad?

7. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Re: Tilt

@ racr:

Yes, we did go a little color crazy, didn't we? :)

No tilt in the first release, but if there's enough interest we'll definitely be up for including it as an option in the future.

8. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Now fully launched on Android and gaining steam!

9. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    Do you have some plan of how you promote the game?

10. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    @racr -- nope, we're making it up as we go. we're artists. we made an 'honest' game, those who play it seem to really like it, but blowing our horn is something we're having a little trouble with :)

in short, completely open to ideas -- what do you think we should be doing?

11. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    I understand you are a team of artists which is not too bad. You put big efforts especially when you are inspired. So probably, if you receive some kind of inspration , you are able to discover a bunch of creative ways to promote 'nstaCharge.

I could come up with a list of ways to promote an iPad game, but how much do you actually want it? Is this game your main business or it was a side project?

12. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    @racr
    My question was genuine - we'd love to know what gamers like yourself think of game promotion.

'nstaCharge is very much our main and only project at this time. It has been so for the past 18 months. It's a big effort for a team on only two artists/developers. We're only getting going on promotion, which is tricky to do on a limited budget :)

13. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    #13 racr, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    How to Promote an iPad Android Game in 2015?

I hope you'll like what I've compiled here. There are few places for Android and few for iPad you can start with. I'm a gamer, but have some extra XP in promoting stuff on the web as well.

Sites:
    ----------
    Puting your own website online serves as a nice base for further promotion. I understand blogging is not for everybody, but do at least minimum the minimum to be present at social networks.

For Android you may try:

- MobileStartupz - go to the website and use the search box. Type 'Promote Your Apps/Games' and you'll find their page with conditions;
    - AppBrain - they may be pretty effective, but pricie;
    - appvee.com - for video reviews, but haven't researched it deep enough.

For iPhone/iPad there are even more opportunities:

- MobileStartupz - again
    - 148apps could be a great place to receive a nice review and new sales. Go here 148apps.com/about/submit-app-review/ to see what exactly you need
    - tuaw.com/apprequests/ - follow their guidelines for a chance to get a review there
    - App Store Apps - they have a 'write for us' section and if you send them a nice review + video and screenshot that would bring you more eyeballs, downloads & sales
    - AppSafari - go to 'Submit' and follow the 7 steps
    - appvee.com - actually they are more strong in reviewing iPhone/iPad games
    - 'iPhone Application List' is a site that lists iPhone and iPod Touch applications, unsurprisingly. It’s unique in that each app is profiled along with a full-size iPhone screenshot of the app. The submission page is quite straightforward
    - Apptism is another Mac application listing site. It has a very clean profile layout with a basic description, title, ratings (user and site), the app’s icon and other metadata.

Youtube
    ----------
    Creating and uploading at least 2 or 3 videos in Youtube should be the bare minimum for every game. The special weapon I've discovered and will be happy to suggest is Famebit - a service to find, hire and work with Youtube influencers, but have in mind famous Youtubers may be pricie.

Reddit
    --------
    Reddit is a great place to start conversations, but even submiting the game there both in the Android and iOS sections will be beneficial.

ProductHunt
    --------------------
    Submit the game here and make sure of people in the team vote. There's a better effect when more people upvote.

I've seen the guys from CarX organize drift contests on their Facebook page. Players perform a drift with some of the vehicles. You could think of creating some similar interaction from what's possible in 'nsta Charge.

14. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Wow! Thanks so much, racr!

That's A LOT of really great info. I'd say we've already tried about half of your suggestions before reading your post.

We have a website for the game: www.nstacharge.com and we do have a video on youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=E0dwljmrsbQ. We also have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/nstacharge.

We've tried contacting several sites on your list a couple weeks ago, but we haven't heard back. Not surprising -- I think it was on toucharcade that someone said that 140k games are published every year and only a few hundred stand a chance of being reviewed.

That being said, we'll have a very good look at all the other sites and suggestions.

Again, a HUGE thank you for all your work putting it together. We'll put it to good use :)

15. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
  16. ikars

ikars Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Psst -- We Flipped The Switch!

The game was approved by Apple this afternoon and it's making its way to the App Stores around the world. Will probably be up by noon GMT, Wednesday, Jan 21st!