nPlayer - Excellent Universal Media Player

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Planemo, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Planemo

Planemo Active Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Mobile Development
    Canada
    From a user perspective, the biggest trouble is to find a player application that works with most file types. But with nPlayer app for iPhone&iPad, you can breathe easy.

nPlayer provides high quality video play performance and easy control-UI supporting almost all kinds of video formats and codecs without file converting efforts.

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/nplayer/id539397400

nPlayer also supports H.264/MPEG4 hardware acceleration and powerful, stable streaming technology which enable to stream-play from WebDAV, FTP, SMB, UPnP/DNLA server.

With your finger tip, you can adjust playback position, move to previous and next subtitle position, adjust location and font size of subtitle, control volume and brightness.

Experience the nPlayer’s high quality performance and excellent UI now!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

App Store Reviews:

"Tried this media player, I would say the best media player ever released."
    ★★★★★

"I've used a number of video players. This is by far the best. And now that it's licensed the Dolby audio codecs, it can play just about anything (except DTS tracks in some movie rips). One of my favorite features is the lock mode."
    ★★★★★

"I remember before I used to use other apps that required conversion of video files, what a hassle.This player plays many different video files and it's really fast. Best player for your ipad period."
    ★★★★★

"This is the best media player for IOS. i've tried them all and honestly, this one plays everything, and supports AC3 audio which most of the other ones no longer do."
    ★★★★★

"I've tried pretty much every available movie player in the App Store, and this is by far the best one I've found."
    ★★★★★

2. flame10

flame10 Active Member

May 4, 2009
    I have been using this for the last 6 months, must say pretty impressed with it and already have made few of my friends buy it.

Apart from its play all factor. the connectivity to NAS, SMB etc are just wonderful. I no longer copy video files via itunes.

3. nemo66

nemo66 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    On Earth.
    Is it

worth the kinda high price in the (German) store?

4. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    As far as features go, this app is almost uncontested. Where it is severely lacking is the UX/UI department. Controls are tiny, settings slightly more cumbersome than necessary to access. It also lacks clear division of app sections. Other than that it's basically desktop VLC on iOS (done right).

5. flame10

flame10 Active Member

May 4, 2009
    #5 flame10, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    I guess you are right coderkid, but for an os where iTunes was the only way to convert and sync videos and watch latter, having an app which lets you play any of your original unconverted video easily virtually off anywhere is a boon. And believe me, I personally felt the usability was quite better than even its desktop counterparts like media player classic or vlc

6. Apple99

Apple99 New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tried a lot of media players on my iPad, like AVPlayer, PlayerXtreme, HD Player and nPlayer. Definitely like nPlayer best because of its UI.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Anyone else who has more than one post who can recommend this ?

8. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I can easily say it's the best app I've used for video playing on the market. It has the most features amongst players and its second only two Avplayer when it comes to playback and battery drain is on par with other apps. Gestures are a lot easier to use than other players. Developers are reachable and there is a feature in the latest version that was added because I requested it. :)

9. Apple99

Apple99 New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Yes, I think so too. Among the players I've tried, nPlayer (while of course also lacks some features that other players have) has the most features in all.