Universal Nowhere: Lost Memories (by DarkPath Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 12, 2016.

1. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I haven't seen any update yet, and hopefully, it will improve the physics engine.

I will be honest and say that the physics model can be frustrating in the game version that I have, to the point that I have wanted to uninstall the game. As an example, I moved some boxes, so that I could jump up to a higher area that is outdoors, since it seemed to be the only place where I could go. However, the slightest bump from me, while walking, or trying to jump, would cause those boxes to fall over, to the point that they could not be used to jump on.

Perhaps I'm missing something, and there actually is an easier way to do this. If only the boxes could be "locked" once moved into position.

With the App Store shutdown now in place, it is possible that the update hasn't arrived on the Canadian AppStore yet.

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #82 oldsnake, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Has been updated 20 December
    V.1.3:
    - Fixed problem of data corruption when saving.
    - Fixed collision bugs in some areas.
    - Smoother controls.
    PS: there something strange,as I take a look at Canadian App Store,and it's show the update,and latest version is V.1.3 I can't do nothing since it's not my App store,I come from Italy.But for you,the update it's on Canadian App Store.

3. Darkpath

Darkpath Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    That's weird, the new version is available everywhere, also in Italy.

[​IMG]

PS: I think not all promo codes have been used, hurry! maybe you can still get a free copy. :)

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,it's Weird,on My Italy App Store the Update Went live 20 December,and I've already Update it.But I Don't Know why The Guy Can't see the Update On Canadian App Store,Since I take a look at Canadian App Store and It's all ok,it Shown V.1.3,and the Update.I don't Know why the Other Forum Member Can't See,Show Up.

5. David1953

May 26, 2013
    My apologies, and now I realize what I had done wrong.

I understand now why I didn't get an update notification, and it was because I had recently deleted the game, due to my frustration with the earlier physics model, hence there was no notice that an update was available on the AppStore.

I am currently downloading it again to give it another chance, and yes, I can now see that an updated version was issued on December 20th.

6. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I downloaded the game again, and have been able to get further along than where I had given up the first time. Just one simple change of geometry in the first area after the update made a world of difference to its initial playability.

I have progressed to the second area, and got into one part of the mansion, but am stuck at the current time. It would certainly be nice to see a walk through for some of the later areas.

7. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I think that I've encountered a bug in the latest version of the game.

I solved the cog puzzle, and am now in the main area of the mansion. I found the three numbers and opened the chest, but need an object to proceed further there. After a lot of trouble, I eluded the monster and stacked some items to obtain a key.
    There are only two doors that I can find for which the protagonist says that he needs a key, but the key that I have fits neither one of them. No other locked doors can be interacted with. I can only assume that this is a bug, and that the key should fit at least one of those two doors.

8. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi David, sorry for the delay. I couldn't answer you by pm due to some problem with the TA servers, so I will try to answer you here.

Ok, when you enter the numbers, a small door opens into the safe, there you have to put a key. The key is located above a wardrobe on the ground floor (where the first encounter with the monster) that key should open the door of the safe. Have you tried that? If that does not work I'm afraid it's a bug, but it's weird because I can't reproduce it, no matter how I try, it works well.

9. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I see it's has onscreen dual stick control in the game, does this mean i can use a physical game controller? like the Steelseries Nimbus? Also any plans for Apple TV Version.? thanks.

10. David1953

May 26, 2013
    Thanks you for your answer, Darkpath.
    I feel embarrassed that I didn't try the key in the chest, since I was actually looking for something else to fit the chest. It didn't look like a keyhole in the chest, hence my reason for not trying that. Hopefully, I won't get caught by the monster again, on the way to the chest. It is frustrating that when you are caught by the monster, you have to retrieve the key again, always a difficult process.

11. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    For now it has no support for external controllers and it is not compatible with Apple Tv, but I will keep it in mind in future versions if the interest in the game increases. ;)

I'm glad it's solved. yes, the difficulty increases in that area, to avoid the monster, try to hide in a safe place until it is clear, close the doors if you enter a room, he will look inside if he see an open door xD and don't make noise if he is near, walk slowly.

12. David1953

May 26, 2013
    Unfortunately, the problem is not solved.

The key that I obtained from that room where I first encountered the monster did NOT open the chest on the second floor which i had earlier entered the correct code. All it says is that I need something to insert, and even though I have the key in hand, it does not work. The key doesn't open any other doors either.

13. Perdido

Perdido New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    I enjoyed the game, the controls were hard to get used to specially in the mansion. Now that I know that you made it all by yourself it is more impressive.

but that end....oh please, tell me there is a way out. Just that and don't troll me :D.

14. Proplayer

Proplayer New Member

Mar 2, 2017
    #94 Proplayer, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Darkpath your game was very entertaining and kept me on my toes with its puzzles. I've reached what I assume is the last level (floating platforms), but I am stuck. I've seen the paper and understand the symbols and how they relate to the layout of the level, I just can't figure out how they relate to each other. Which direction do the symbols need to face in order to activate the bridge? I've tried numerous combinations with no luck. HELP!!!!

15. Perdido

Perdido New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    #95 Perdido, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    the first one is the upper left platform (the one below the house)and it should be pointed to the obelisk.the rest you have to switch them until you matched one of them with this platform and so on.

There is a walkthrough in YouTube by a brazilian guy, look For Leo android games BR.